[CES] 2007 Exclusive Update - CHANNEL VISION

BraveSirRobbin

CocoonTech CES 2007 Exclusive Updates - CHANNEL VISION

Notice: Please be aware that information gathered from the various vendors’ booths was done at an incredibly fast and furious pace. The purpose of these updates is to make our members aware of the new technologies introduced during the show as quickly as possible. Some details and statements may have been (unintentionally) misinterpreted and thus not be entirely correct/accurate during this process.

I visited the Channel Vision booth while attending CES 2007 in Las Vegas on January 8th (first day of the show).

Channel Vision offers a six source, four zone HDTV matrix switch as shown below.

(Click on Picture for Full Sized Image)

This unit comes with its own "zero loss" cables for a complete HDTV matrix solution/distribution system for your home.

Channel Vision also has a whole house intercom system using only Cat5 as a distribution media. This also includes a "front door" intercom that does not need a phone system.

There is also a contact closure that can be used to notify your home automation system when someone is using the front door system. Also, there is a "pager output" that can send the audio over to your automation computer's line input.

Channel Vision also has a system that will distribute IR over traditional coaxial cable.

A product that caught my eye was an audio distribution/matrix system which uses your home's existing AC powerlines for a transport media.

This system will distribute non-amplified music throughout your home's powerlines as well as distribute IR signals so you can control the various zone inputs via a remote control.

If there is enough interest from Cocooners Channel Vision offered to be a guest speaker here on CocoonTech during a Friday night chat session!

I noticed that they have their component cables braded/twisted. Is this for cosmetic reasons or noise protection?

Squintz said:
I noticed that they have their component cables braded/twisted. Is this for cosmetic reasons or noise protection?
Their HDTV cable comes in certain lengths and is made for "zero loss". You have to use their cable with this system for optimal performance.

I imagine the twisting helps with this performance.

Back