• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Cheapest Video Distribution Setup?

ctay

Ok, so I want to distribute 4 to 8 Component Video sources (SD & HD) to 8 zones. I get that I need a matrix switch. The options I have seen are the Audio Authority AVX-561 (or 661 if I want DVI), Neothings Borrego 8x8 or an unidentified AutoPatch. I don't know anything about AutoPatch Models so I am at a loss for what I would need.

My question is which is the cheapest? I understand that the Audio Authority has both the Matrix switch & the cat-5 distribution in one. I also understand that if I go with Neothings or an Autopatch I will need some other video over cat-5 setup (CE Labs CAT5RX/TX maybe?). I just can't find enough info or prices to know what is the most cost effective distribution method.

Any ideas?

68sting

I'm sure your looking for somthing more complex then this.

I have CE Labs AV 400 that distributes my HD tivo to four other locations. I see no loss at all with this unit. I have a seperate ir system for the remote end of things. My main rec. is in the same equipment rack as the Tivo and gets a direct optical connection. I have analog going to the other three locations through the av400.

http://www.cable-electronics.com/Product5.aspx

ctay

That is pretty cool. I need something similar that will take 8 or so inputs and distribute them through out the house... I just don't know which one of the products that I have found that can do that is the most "cost efficient"...