Colorado VNET

hockeypuck

I am looking to put a hardwired lowvoltage relay lighting system in a new home that I am wiring. Price for litetouch too much, so naturally I looked at centralite. Price seems good, not sure about quality. I also came across Colorado VNET. http://www.coloradovnet.com/lighting/lighting_system.aspx

Do any of you have experience with them. IT seems like a good idea. More dimming modules less romex and time.

Puck

PS. This forum is great. Obviously the great responses from its members make it that way.

I am looking to put a hardwired lowvoltage relay lighting system in a new home that I am wiring. Price for litetouch too much, so naturally I looked at centralite. Price seems good, not sure about quality. I also came across Colorado VNET. http://www.coloradovnet.com/lighting/lighting_system.aspx

Do any of you have experience with them. IT seems like a good idea. More dimming modules less romex and time.

Puck

PS. This forum is great. Obviously the great responses from its members make it that way.

Puck,

I am the regional manager for CentraLite, and can assure you that we manufacturer quality, highly reliable systems. Don't let the attractive price mislead you - these a fully featured lighting control systems, and they are simple to program. I am located in NC, but would be happy to speak with you via telephone, or if you prefer, a face to face meeting where I can demo the product for you.

Hockeypuck, the Colorado Vnet system is a excellent product with features that no one else has. You need to decide on what the features you want and then go looking for a lighting control system. Most lighting control is sold on the basis of the keypad looks and also it think is a key part of the quality puzzle. I am a dealer for the Vnet system in the mid-south, I would need to get some floorplans in Dwg. or Jpg. files to get you a guote if you are interested?

Hockeypuck, the Colorado Vnet system is a excellent product with features that no one else has. You need to decide on what the features you want and then go looking for a lighting control system. Most lighting control is sold on the basis of the keypad looks and also it think is a key part of the quality puzzle. I am a dealer for the Vnet system in the mid-south, I would need to get some floorplans in Dwg. or Jpg. files to get you a guote if you are interested?

What do you know about the Vnet wireless system? How expensive are the keypads? And, more importantly, how would I integrate with an ELK?!

I have a centralite litejet and I am very pleased. Price is about the same as the UPB / ZWave stuff and it is rock solid. I would say the quality is unquestioned.

my .02

Chris

What do you know about the Vnet wireless system? How expensive are the keypads? And, more importantly, how would I integrate with an ELK?!

Security integration right now is with the Honeywell vista 128 and 250 system.

We are a CVnet VAR located in Indiana specializing in systems integration. We have completed interfaces between the Elk and the CVnet. Feel free to contact me at www.dis_ tinc_tav.com (remove underscores) for info. We can configure, pre-program and ship a completed and tested system to you or your local installer.

-derek

It is good to know that DistinctAV has integrated the Colorado VNet to the ELK M1.

Elk has not been able to put together a relationship going directly to Colorado VNet.

DistinctAV, what can you do with the combined system?

Back