Console exit delay beep/alarm beep

wdeertz

I have an OP2 4.0b with 2 LV33A001 keypads.  In PC Access I have both consoles set "yes" for "enable audit exit delay" and in areas section "yes" for "audible exit alarm".  In the console "sounder" is set to "yes" and I know the keypad sounder works as the keys click when I press the button.

When I arm my garage area "away" the keypad used to "beep, beep, beep... and then beep faster the last few seconds before arming, but recently this has stopped.  I don't recall changing any settings before this stopped working.  Now when I arm my garage the keypad is silent and when it arms itself the siren makes one quick whoop sound.  I rebooted the entire system to see if this would help but no change.  Any ideas what may have gone wrong?  I don't think its a hardware issue as the keypad keys click when pressed so the sounder appears to be working.

Also, on the garage I have an extra long delay to allow me to deactivate the alarm when arriving home.  The keypad used to beep to warn me the alarm is active.  Now I only get a red flashing light on the keypad and no sound that a delayed alarm is imminent.  Any ideas what's going on here.

No hardware, software or firmware changes prior to this weird behavior (so far as I am aware).

So in PCA if you have validated that it is not a keypad hardware sounder issue then...

1 - your two consoles are configured to yes under setup / Misc / consoles / enable exit audio delay
2 - under setup / arming your beep settings are configured accordingly.

Easiest way to check is to download the configuration from the panel to PCA.

The keypads are made to last.  Here the only issue I have had with one keypad many years ago was the LED illumination of the numbers (LED lamp went out).

I have had issues over the years with the Omnitouch 5.7 serial touchscreens going to a squawking mode versus beeping.  Here just reset them to go back to beeping modes.

pete_c said:
So in PCA if you have validated that it is not a keypad hardware sounder issue then...

1 - your two consoles are configured to yes under setup / Misc / consoles / enable exit audio delay
2 - under setup / arming your beep settings are configured accordingly.

Easiest way to check is to download the configuration from the panel to PCA.

The keypads are made to last.  Here the only issue I have had with one keypad many years ago was the LED illumination of the numbers (LED lamp went out).

I have had issues over the years with the Omnitouch 5.7 serial touchscreens going to a squawking mode versus beeping.  Here just reset them to go back to beeping modes.
Pete, both keypads are experiencing the same symptoms so seems unlikely a hardware issue.  In addition, the keys are beeping when pressed so the hardware seems to be operable.

Yes to both of your questions on settings.  Weird that this condition would just crop up when the hardware seems to be ok.  Any other ideas?

Clear RAM and then rewrite the config.  This really sounds like the variable is stuck off for some reason.

It is understood that it is not a hardware issue such that I mentioned downloading the configuration from the OmniPro 2 panel to PCA.

And if that shows right settings for beeps then proceed with next suggestion offered by neillt above.

Once you have cleared the RAM you will need to re program the IP / 2 line keys via one of your keypads.  Easy to do.

The connect to panel via PCA and upload your configuration.

Some time a few years ago here did do that with my panel and related firmware upgrades provided by Leviton HAI.

They did fat finger (on a Leviton OmniPro firmware upgrade bender) the new stuff over some old stuff in the firmware. This was done for the the new Email board and Omnitouch screens working and basically didn't pay attention to what they were doing. (and CCTV and that room stuff).

When I did clear the ram here went to using PCA via serial mode cuz I was having issues with the network port (which is still f'd up and working now with a microrouter bandaid fix).

Neil and Pete, thank you, thank you, thank you, clearing the RAM and reloading the settings solved my problem.  You guys are a wealth of information.

Back