Constantly transmitted X10 Signal

Spanky

The X10 portion of my home automation system which was connected to my M1 shutdown operation. My lights did not come on at dusk, so I started investigating what was wrong. I could turn on the main lights occasionally with my handheld wireless X10 transmitter, but they would immediately turn off. I immediately blamed the controller as the culprit, because the red status LED on the X10 power line interface was constantly blinking. When I unplugged the X10 RF receiver the X10 power line interface LED stopped blinking and I could control X10 through the M1's keypad.

Has anyone heard of an X10 RF transmitter locking up on address A1 and constantly sending an OFF transmission?

The strange thing is I don't have any X10 transmitters except the handheld unit and I live way out in the country.

Yes, that happens to me quite of then. That's why people use a V572 or a W800 to handle the wireless X-10 stuff. It's supposed to prevent that from happening.

I found the rogue transmitter. We had a second handheld X10 button transmitter in the kitchen and my wife had slide in under a wire dish holder on the kitchen sink. It was positioned in such a way that the A1 OFF button was being pressed with a constant transmission. :blink:

I found the rogue transmitter. We had a second handheld X10 button transmitter in the kitchen and my wife had slide in under a wire dish holder on the kitchen sink. It was positioned in such a way that the A1 OFF button was being pressed with a constant transmission.

Now I know why my wife keeps complaining about me leaving my toys around. :blink:

My son has done the same thing with his palm pad, drove me crazy running around the house looking for the problem. Now I go straight to his room and remove his remote from between his matress and the frame.

tech support rule #1: the customer is lying.... you said you only had 1 transmitter :blink:

Back