• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Controlling Lightolier Multiset???

Madcodger

The previous owner of our house installed several rooms with Lightolier Multiset lighting control. This is a hardwired system that has been extremely reliable and does scenes well, but the interface that MIGHT tie it into my HA system (Homeseer) costs about $550 and one is apparently needed for each separate circuit. Too steep for me, when I could replace the lights with either Insteon or UPB. But, I don't want to do that if I can figure out another way to interface these switches.

I know that the system interface (called an MS232) will send standard ASCII commands sent over RS232 to select on / off / or each of the 4 scene buttons on the wall controllers (which look like keypadlincs), and that the individual switch commands are transmitted to each of the switches via a single hard wire. I'm just at a bit of a loss as to how I might interface this system without buying that ridiculously priced MS232 device (4 of 'em!!) and then how I might interface with Homeseer, although that's probably easier to solve in the long run.

Does anyone know anything about this system that might help? I have no idea how each individual switch is addressed by the keypadlincs via the hardwire, so even that would be a big help.

Thanks,

Joe