Diginet Site DYNDNS redirect?

deezy

Since I have setup my site, I have to go to my router via remote access when I'm away to get my current IP to connect to my site w/ Diginet Center. I see on the center you must enter an IP address, so now i'm wondering if a can even dns redirect the ip for my modem to a free dyndns account. Not having to lookup my ip everytime I want to connect would be great!

Thanks to all replys

markthomas

I don't know what Diginet is, but if you want to connect to a site with a dynamic IP, then it's not a problem with dyndns. I've been using them for years.

pete

deezy said:
I have to go to my router via remote access when I'm away to get my current IP
not sure what Diginet is either, and maybe I'm missing something . . . but how do you get to your router without the current IP ? ? ?

and wouldn't you enter the DYNDNS IP in 'Diginet Center' . . .

Pete C

deezy

I get to my router through my dyndns name. the problem is with the diginet center, when entering a new profile to connect to, you have to enter an IP address. thus you cant use a dyndns name, however I did find a dyndns portion on the center but not sure if it will resolve my issue. bc its not on the profile connection window.

pete

do a ping (or tracert) on your dyndns name . . . this should give you the static ip your dyndns service is using to redirect to your dynamic one. . .

markthomas

pete said:
do a ping (or tracert) on your dyndns name . . . this should give you the static ip your dyndns service is using to redirect to your dynamic one. . .
Pete,

That's not the way Dyndns works. It sets up a DNS A record pointing to your dynamic IP with a short TTL so that changes will take effect quickly. You have client software that updates dyndns records when your IP changes. There's no static IP involved.

markthomas

Deezy,

Did you try a domain name instead of an IP? It might work.

Why don't you contact this company and ask about dynamic IP support?