DLS 5 Software to PC

jasonreg

So I defaulted the 1832 panel successfully and I now have a clean slate.  I have been working my way around the DLS 5 software and on-line articles as well as the program guide and I think I have everything ready to upload to the panel.  Problem is I cannot connect to the panel for some reason.

I have a relatively modern PC with a serial add-in card.  I have set up the account to use the PC Link and am aware that I need to use a keypad to do the *8(IC)499(IC)499 dance when requested.  Issue is that I never am requested to do this at the PC.  Also when I just do the 499 dance at the panel (which then states downloading) I get a "timed out waiting for communication error on DLS 5.

Drivers on the PC for the add-on card are up to date and show no faults.  I have not changed any of the default properties of the serial port.  I have both com 5 and co 6 available (tried connecting to both).

What am I doing wrong?

I have successfully programmed the panel "old-school" but I would still really like to figure this out.  Any and all suggestions welcome. 

Back