Driver for Planar PT1503NT

rsiegel920

Hello- New to Group here.
I have reviewed the thread re: the Planar 1503NT touch screen monitors. I own 2 of them and cannot get the touch screen on either to work. I am using XP-64. Is this a problem with the supplied ELO drivers?? I downloaded the latest ELO XP drivers and still no-go. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Best Regards
R Siegel

Have you found a driver specifically for 64 bit OS? If not, as you have suggested, that is very likely the problem.
We haven't seen a need to go 64 bit today. No gain, lots of issues.

Have you found a driver specifically for 64 bit OS? If not, as you have suggested, that is very likely the problem.
We haven't seen a need to go 64 bit today. No gain, lots of issues.

David- Thanks for the input. I have NOT found a 64-bit driver. I am trying to use both touch screen monitors with a multi-processor system in a music application; thus the 64-bit XP.
Regards
Dick Siegel

Hello --

I contacted Elo, and they will not have drivers available for 64-bit operating systems available until July or August. You may want to wait until they release those, although they haven't decided whether or not they will support older serial touchscreens or not (the Vista drivers available do not support serial touchscreens right now. We do not recommend using a serial to USB adapter, very few customers have had good luck with these devices.

Your best bet when using this touchscreen will be to install the 32-bit version of XP. At this time, there is not a great deal of functionality difference between the two, and the Windows XP drivers have been out for a long time. If you need to use a 64-bit version of Windows with this touchscreen, I would contact Elo about support for serial touchscreens, or contact TouchBase (whom make very good custom touchscreen drivers).

Thank you very much!

Brian Trautman
Technical Support Representative
Planar Systems

Back