Ek and RF?

RandyKnight

I've decided to go with the somfy automated window treatmens from somfy that SmartHome sells. They are RF operated and they claim they will be Insteon enabled soon but we all know how that goes.

Here ar the blinds:

http://www.smarthome.com/somfy.html

My question is can I set up the Elk to transmit the RF? What parts would I need? If not the elk, what other solution could I put together to do this?

How many remotes do you have? :blink:

If this were me I would try hacking the remote and see how hard it would be to solder external wires on the buttons, then have the Elk send momentary contact closures via an external Elk sensitive relay via an Elk output.

This concept is the same as shown in THIS and THIS How-Tos.

A lot would depend on how much distance your remote had as to where your would position the remote in relation to the Elk. Of course you could always just extend the wires (distance of the run should not be a problem since you are only doing contact closures).

Just a thought... :)

Take a look at product numbers 16 and 17 on this page. I believe this would work via dry contact for 16 (or maybe RS-232) or X-10 for 17. Worthington also lists a single chanel RTS transmitter for dry contact control.

opie said:
Take a look at product numbers 16 and 17 on this page. I believe this would work via dry contact for 16 (or maybe RS-232) or X-10 for 17. Worthington also lists a single chanel RTS transmitter for dry contact control.
That looks like exactly what I'll need. Now I can move forward with this solution knowing the tech. is at least out there.

Back