Elk and UPB Lighting issues.....any help ?

Ok, Well I have everything named and programmed through the UPB CIM. I have the serial expander enrolled into the elk system with no issues.

I have read the serial expander instructions, but am still lost on how to get the lights to be controlled via the elk system.

I know I have to use the Globals (Special) tab but don't know what to put in the boxes.

When I programmed the switches, they were just the number 1, 2, 3, etc.

Any help anyone can give?

Thanks

DeathtoToasters said:
I know I have to use the Globals (Special) tab but don't know what to put in the boxes.
On the G29--G42 page, set the UPB lighting network addr to be the same as network number you setup in UPStart.

Download the latest docs from elk's website for the serial expander. It has a section specifically for UPB lighting. The instructions in the box with my serial expander were older. You might also need to check firmware versions, since I think there were some recent fixes for UPB.

Later,
Frank

Well it seems the issues I was having was that the RM software was in demo mode. That is why all the lights were not showing up.

I just spoke to my installer, and I thought that the RM software and RP software were the same package and I never ordered it.

There goes another $150!

DeathtoToasters said:
I just spoke to my installer, and I thought that the RM software and RP software were the same package and I never ordered it.
The RP software (used to set up the system) should be free. The RM is the $150 package.

-Frank

Oh ok...I didn't know that.

It seems my installer got 2 copies of the RP software, thinking that they were two different things. He should have picked up the RM software.

No biggie...thanks

You know you don't really need the RM software? What are you trying to do? The RM software is a fancier version of the virtual keypad that is embedded in the ethernet module (XEP). If all you want is simple graphic control, you can use the free virtual keypad. The RM stuff will let you customize the graphics, etc. If you purchase the Elk touch screen, RM comes with it.

Yup. Http to your XEP's IP addy. You will get the VK login screen. Enter your pin and you are golden.

Steve said:
Yup. Http to your XEP's IP addy. You will get the VK login screen. Enter your pin and you are golden.
Yup....found it...I am not able to get all the lights to work but I need to check some other things anyway. Thanks for the help!!

Back