Elk announces new version of ElkRM (now supporting Russound)

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Elk Products, Inc. announces the release of a new software upgrade version 1.2.12 for the ELKRM Remote Management Software. This software upgrade includes support for the Russound CAV 6.6 or CAM 6.6 Audio/Video Distribution System. The ELK IP232, Ethernet to RS232 module, will be available soon to interface ELKRM to the Russound Audio System through an Ethernet connection.

ELKRM will run on a Windows PC, PDA, and is included with the ELK TS-07 Touchscreen.

The ELKRM runtime software can be upgraded with ELKRM running by clicking the M1 Logo, COMM SETUP, and UPDATE. An Ethernet connection is required. Only the ELKRM files will be loaded from the ELK Products Server.

ELKRMPic.jpg

The full download or to just download the ELKRM Setup program go to http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/ElkRM.htm

Click the “Download ELKRM” button. The software will run in a reduced functionality mode until a License Key is purchased from any ELK Products dealer or distributor. If you already own a License Key, the software will run in full operational mode after the upgrade.

ELKRMPic2.jpg

Wonder if this will run on a Palm LifeDrive PDA... ?

--- Just found out the answer to my own question. Nope: Apparently it only runs on Windows CE devices. Oh well.

New ELK TS-07 Touchscreens will include a new Windows CE 5.0 Image that includes Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). Other 3rd party software running on a Windows PC can be accessed from the new ELK TS-07 Touchscreens.

One License Key is all that is needed for as many copies of ELKRM as you want to run into one M1 system. Any Windows PC with .NET Framework installed can run ELKRM. Windows PDA's work better with at least 640 X 480 resolution screens.

May14th is scheduled M1XRF Receiver birthday!!!

Hi Spanky,

Dare I asking when the IP232 is going to be shipping? Hope those pesky Kangaroo's are not going to get blamed again! :D

Notice it is up on the ELK website.

Regards,

Boing Boing Boing....Fleetz

Can anyone tell me in a paragraph what is the "Russound Audio System" and what does it do for me. What kind of cool things does it do and what does connecting it to an Elk offer users. Will it play Highway to Hell when someone breaks into my house?:D
Tom

Tombo,
The Russound CAV or CAM 6.6 can control 6 input sources and 6 to 36 output zones of speakers for wholehouse audio/video control.

Fleetz,
Yes the Aussie's are in production control of the IP232. I am not going to quesstimate time. I am always wrong.

Hi Spanky,

Dare I asking when the IP232 is going to be shipping? Hope those pesky Kangaroo's are not going to get blamed again! :D

Notice it is up on the ELK website.

Regards,

Boing Boing Boing....Fleetz

Since when can a kangaroo bounce on water? Maybe we should send in Tigger....... :D

New ELK TS-07 Touchscreens will include a new Windows CE 5.0 Image that includes Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). Other 3rd party software running on a Windows PC can be accessed from the new ELK TS-07 Touchscreens.

Thats SWEET! No no SUPER SWEET!!!

Tombo,
The Russound CAV or CAM 6.6 can control 6 to 36 input sources and up to 6 output zones of speakers for wholehouse audio/video control.

Reverse. 6 sources/6 zones. Can be "stacked" for up to 36 zones but still max'd out at 6 sources. CAV6.6 also has 4 on board ABUS zones that are "married" to the first four outputs. If purchased on line, be very care or you may buy a paperweight. You'll receive zero support or warranty from Russound (fair warning) if purchased from one of the MANY unauthorized sellers of Russound gear.

Tombo,
The Russound CAV or CAM 6.6 can control 6 to 36 input sources and up to 6 output zones of speakers for wholehouse audio/video control.

Reverse. 6 sources/6 zones. Can be "stacked" for up to 36 zones but still max'd out at 6 sources. CAV6.6 also has 4 on board ABUS zones that are "married" to the first four outputs. If purchased on line, be very care or you may buy a paperweight. You'll receive zero support or warranty from Russound (fair warning) if purchased from one of the MANY unauthorized sellers of Russound gear.

Tombo,

Oops, 6 in and 6 to 36 outputs on the Russound CAV/CAM 6.6.

AnthonyZ is right on the purchasing through the internet. Dealers only for a warranty.

Will the ELK IP232 Ethernet to RS232 module be hooked up to a Serial Expander? Or will it have to plug directly into the DB9 port that is going to my ELK-M1XEP active module? I must start saving $1500 for IPod capability on my ELK RM panel.

-=*Sharby*=-

Back