Elk introduces Flush Mount, Interior Speaker

electron

Administrator
Staff member
ELK-SP12F is ideal for alarm or voice applications and flush mounts for a clean, designer look. Installers will applaud the easy installation, utilizing standard, single gang electrical boxes. Specifications: 12 Watt Speaker, 32 Ohm Size: 4.81” H x 3.13” W 1.44” D Color: White

The wattage rating is rated as if it was an 8 ohm speaker. Because it is a 32 ohm speaker, the power handling is 4 times the power rating. We have been testing it running on the M1 Output 1 amplifier, running for days. It runs very cool with no problems.

How do you wire this in an get the resistance right?

Don't you want the resistance to be between 4 and 8 ohms on out 1?

For the M1 and most siren drivers, you want the resistance to be 4 ohms or greater. A single 32 ohm speaker works fine or any combination of speakers down to 4 ohms.

Some HiFi amps wants a 4 or 8 ohm speaker. M1 is not pickey.

1) How many speakers did you test running off Output 1 before feeling that the volume was too low to be usable?

2) Is this for sale yet? I don't see it on the AO site.

Hi Spanky,

Does it have a microphone?

Knowing my luck you will say yes! I have just imported 3 Russound ComPoint ISSP intercom speakers and currently modifying them with the ELK-M1TWM two way microphone. Bit of an excercise but doable.

Don't see a two mic on the phone is there only the one version?

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz said:
Hi Spanky,

Does it have a microphone?

Knowing my luck you will say yes! I have just imported 3 Russound ComPoint ISSP intercom speakers and currently modifying them with the ELK-M1TWM two way microphone. Bit of an excercise but doable.

Don't see a two mic on the phone is there only the one version?

Regards,

Fleetz
Spanky,

I will save you answering this. Just noticed on the photo that shows the rear of the speaker a mounting position for the ELK-M1TWM.

Bugger......for the sake of two weeks would have had the perfect solution and three less grey hairs ;)

Cheers and beers.....Fleetz

Is this also the speaker that was rumored to fit into the new KP2 recessed backing box? From the picture it does look about the right size to fit in the cut-out in the back of the KP2 recess box.

dublin00 said:
Is this also the speaker that was rumored to fit into the new KP2 recessed backing box? From the picture it does look about the right size to fit in the cut-out in the back of the KP2 recess box.
If it goes in the back of the box.... how does the sound get past the keypanel?

ellisr63 said:
If it goes in the back of the box.... how does the sound get past the keypanel?
I don't think it will have much trouble going through, the KP2 buzzer is on the back side of the circuit board too so it has to travel through the circuit board and plastic.

Besides, I wouldn't care if it was really loud. Anyway, something must go in that mount on the back side of the KP2 box. It has a round knock-out and four screw holes in the corners just like the speaker flanges.

Back