Elk M1 - how to require codes to arm.

AnotherOne

Okay, yet another lame question. If I press the Exit or Stay key on the keypad - it starts the countdown cycle immediately. How do I force it to require a user code so some random person doesn't arm the system.

Second question, is there anyway to get one of the keypad function keys to start the "view status of all zones" menu option so I don't have to press the elk key, then 05 then, etc. Just press a function key and use the up arrows.

To require a code, go into 'Areas' - select the area you want to configure and uncheck the 'single keypress quick-arm' and 'double keypress quick-arm' options. That should do it.

Regarding the second question - . . no idea . . not that I know of.

Later,
Frank

There is not a Function Key definition to go directly to User Menu 5.

We did add a new function key definition to go to the Area Arming Screen, User Option "0".

You can write a task to announce the status of your zones, then trigger that task from a key.

I have a task to announce only the zones which are violated. If all zones are OK, then the task announces "all zones secure".

AnotherOne said:
Second question, is there anyway to get one of the keypad function keys to start the "view status of all zones" menu option so I don't have to press the elk key, then 05 then, etc. Just press a function key and use the up arrows.
Sandpiper said:
You can write a task to announce the status of your zones, then trigger that task from a key.

I have a task to announce only the zones which are violated. If all zones are OK, then the task announces "all zones secure".

That's what happens when several threads are started that ask essentially the same question...

Sandpiper, I like your suggestion... :)

See http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=5457

Steve said:
1. I will assume you will have speakers in earshot of the keypads, or you should be able to do this with the KP2's and built in speaker... Write a task or simply a set of rules that upon a F keypress, check each zone and if it is not ready then announce that zone. If you have alot of openings, it could be alot of rules, but it would do what you are asking via voice instead of display.

Sandpiper said:

This is interesting - can you give a sample of your rule? I have around 30 zones and this would be a nice rule to implement. Thanks. :)

First, I found it helpful, in the zone definitions, to write the zone voice description so that it will announce the status of the zone by using one of the 'say' descriptors at the end of the list. For example, I have the front door described as "FRONT DOOR {Say Closed/Open}".

Then just write some rules like this........

WHENEVER Check All Zones (Task 7) IS ACTIVATED
AND BURGLAR STATUS OF ALL AREAS IS READY
THEN ANNOUNCE No Zones Violated (vm229)

AND Front Door (Zn 1) IS NOT SECURE - OPEN LOOP
THEN ANNOUNCE Front Door (Zn 1)

AND Kitchen GarageDr (Zn 2) IS NOT SECURE
THEN ANNOUNCE Kitchen GarageDr (Zn 2)

.........repeat for all zones

Thanks Sandpiper -

I have way too many zones to allocate the little bit of user memory left in my system to say each one, but I did set up a few doors that may be violated on a regular basis. :eek:

Back