Elk M1G: Differentiating Between Keyfobs

TX Tim

Back before firmware 4.4.6, it was possible to have different action for Button 1 on keyfob A vs. Button 1 on keyfob B, using rules like this:

Code:
WHENEVER RF KEYFOB BUTTON 1 IS ACTIVATED
  AND LAST USER WAS User 81 (unnamed)

This was incredibly valuable and I used it to send serial messages to my HA controller. That let me have different actions for each user and/or log which remote was used.

I realize the keyfob user # is reported if I lock the keyfob buttons to single alarm actions (arm, disarm) but I need to ability to differentiate between them in rules so I can perform compound tasks such as "arm & close garage door" and "disarm and open garage door".

Are there any other tricks like "LAST USER WAS"? Any chance we can have this functionality back in the next release? PLEASE? :(

Yes, the last user number is again in the next software release.

It got crippled in the latest release. :(

Back before firmware 4.4.6, it was possible to have different action for Button 1 on keyfob A vs. Button 1 on keyfob B, using rules like this:

Code:
WHENEVER RF KEYFOB BUTTON 1 IS ACTIVATED
  AND LAST USER WAS User 81 (unnamed)

This was incredibly valuable and I used it to send serial messages to my HA controller. That let me have different actions for each user and/or log which remote was used.

I realize the keyfob user # is reported if I lock the keyfob buttons to single alarm actions (arm, disarm) but I need to ability to differentiate between them in rules so I can perform compound tasks such as "arm & close garage door" and "disarm and open garage door".

Are there any other tricks like "LAST USER WAS"? Any chance we can have this functionality back in the next release? <span style='color:blue'>PLEASE?</span> :unsure:

I have a question about this....I am trying to do the same thing and am running into a problem of some sort. If I leave out the "and last user was" statement, my rule works without any problem (on a button press from any keyfob). But, I want to have the rule work on only one keyfob. When I add "and last user was" to the rule, the rule never fires upon button press of that particular keyfob.

The user # that you use iin the rule s the user # that you have selected in the wireless setup for that particular keyfob correct?

Thanks,

CT

When you program the keyfob in the Wireless setup on ELKRP, you can assign a user number to the Keyfob. Make sure you have downloaded the latest software from the M1dealer site to go into the M1. Earlier versions did not support the User Number AND statement.

OK, I think I have this set correctly, but I am still not getting it to work. I am going to attach a screen shot of all three of the screens that I think are relevant: the user setup, the keyfob wireless setup, and the rule. I am not sure what is wrong, but I must be have something wrong.

I have user 3 selected in the keyfob setup and the rule specifies 'when last user is user 3'.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

CTView attachment 1162

Attachments

• keyfob_setup.JPG
    keyfob_setup.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 93
  • rule.JPG
    rule.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 72
  • user_setup.JPG
    user_setup.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 62
Two things jump out at me. First of all, why isn't the keyfob option checked in screen one instead of the user code? Second, you have the duress option checked so each time the fob is pressed (or in this case the user code) it will send a duress code.

Make sure you have upgraded the M1 and ELKRP software. In a version or so back, there was a problem with the AND last user code number working properly in a Rule. It is should be working OK in the current release software.

Make sure you have upgraded the M1 and ELKRP software. In a version or so back, there was a problem with the AND last user code number working properly in a Rule. It is should be working OK in the current release software.

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but figuring this out got bumped down on the priority list and now, a year later (man time flies), I am back to it.

I fixed the two issues rfdesq noticed, I unchecked the duress and now have "enabled" selected.

I made two rules:

1. whenver rf keyfob button 3 is activated AND last user was (user 1) THEN announce On (vm310)

2. whenver rf keyfob button 3 is activated AND last user was (user 3) THEN announce Off (vm311)

If I press user 1's keyfob button 3 elk says ON.

If I press user 3's keyfob button 3 elk says ON (instead of off).

It is as if I do not have the "and last user was" set up correctly.

If I make a rule that says:

whenever rf keyfob button 4 is activated AND last user was (user 3) THEN announce Alarm Ack (vm213)

If I press user 3's keyfob button 4 nothing happens.
If I press user 1's keyfob button 4 nothing happens.

I I change that rule to user 1 instead of user 3 then it announces "alarm ack" for EITHER keyfob button 4.

I have these versions:
Main Program Version 1.6.24
M1G Control Version 4.5.28.0
M1 Control Version 4.5.28.0

Any ideas (again)?

Thanks....

The last user status is not being referenced properly in the Keyfob Rule execution.

Here is a work around, although lengthy:

WHENEVER RF KEYFOB BUTTON 3 IS ACTIVATED //announcing a phrase based on an output state
AND Output 008 (Out 8) STATE IS ON
THEN ANNOUNCE (some phrase)
WHENEVER RF KEYFOB BUTTON 3 IS ACTIVATED
AND Output 008 (Out 8) STATE IS OFF
THEN ANNOUNCE (some other phrase)

WHENEVER Area 1 (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES ARMED //setting an output state based on a user
AND LAST USER WAS David (User 1)
THEN TURN Output 008 (Out 8) OFF
WHENEVER Area 1 (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES DISARMED
AND LAST USER WAS David (User 1)
THEN TURN Output 008 (Out 8) OFF
WHENEVER Area 1 (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES ARMED
AND LAST USER WAS USER 3 (User 3)
THEN TURN Output 008 (Out 8) ON
WHENEVER Area 1 (Area 1) ARM STATE BECOMES DISARMED
AND LAST USER WAS USER 3 (User 3)
THEN TURN Output 008 (Out 8) ON

I will look into the keyfob and last user issue.

Thanks for your input.

Back