ELK M1G not being updated with latest temperature from Aprilaire 8800

danielm711

Hey guys,

I'm running into a problem at a house where I'm trying to keep the pipes from freezing this winter.
I have an ELK M1G + Aprilaire 8800 + Aprilare accessories + CBus interface (if it matters). I programmed the ELK to start the heating when the temperature drops below 49F (the temperature is read from the Aprilaire 8800 thermostat).
It worked fine during testing and for a while but during the last few days I noticed that the temperature reported by ELK was stuck at 50F - after a while I became suspicious  (as temperature outside varied significantly). I drove to the house and checked the thermostat - the temperature was 46F (8C). When I checked the M1ToGo and an ELK keypad the temperature reading for this thermostat was 50F.
The only way I could manage to refresh the temperature was to switch from F to C and back in the thermostat settings - as soon as I did that both M1ToGo and the ELK keypad started showing the current temperature correctly.

Not sure how this works - if ELK is notified of temp changes or it pulls the current temp from Aprilare once in a while but it looks like something in this process stopped working...

I'm wondering if anybody else might have a clue about what could be going on?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Back