Elk M1G rules question: request-to-exit

Change

We're going to have a warehouse-type room with the perimeter armed at all times. We've got a biometric hand reader on the outside of the main entry door and a down-looking PIR over the door on the inside. I know I can use those to bypass the door, but is there a way to only bypass it for a certain amount of time? Alternately is there a way to use rules to trigger the exit mode delay time (ala Let Pet Out as described on page 26 of the installation manual)?

Thanks for patience with an M1G newbie :D (By the time I finish with this security system I expect I'll be a bit more proficient...dang, this is going to be a complicated setup)

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but the piece I think you need it to use Outputs as phantom timers. So, for example, say you want to bypass a zone when the PIR is tripped and unbypass it say 5 minutes with no activity, you could have rules like this:

'Turn on a 5 minute timer when a zone opens (PIR, etc)
WHENEVER ZoneX BECOMES NOT SECURE
THEN TURN OUTPUT 208 ON FOR 5 MINS, RESTART TIMER IF RUNNING

'When the timer is turned on, Bypass a zone
WHENEVER OUTPUT 208 STATE IS TURNED ON
THEN BYPASS ZoneY

'When the timr expires/turns off, Unbypass the zone
WHENEVER OUTPUT 208 STATE IS TURNED OFF
THEN UNBYPASS ZoneY

Don't know if thats really what you are looking for, so feel free to clarify...

I don't know of a way to use the delay feature in rules, but you can auto arm in any mode in a prescribed timeframe.

We want to keep the perimeter armed at all times but allow people to enter/exit without having to disarm and rearm the system or interact with the alarm keypad at all. When someone makes use of the hand scanner (which provides a contact closure to the Elk), we want the Elk to unlock the door strike (easy) and make it so opening that door will not trigger the alarm, for a certain period of time. Similar when someone exits, except the hand scanner is replaced with a down-looking request-to-exit PIR.

Back