ELK-M1XRFEG

arctec37

I installed an new M1 panel along with 8 wired sensors and 42 wireless sensors (interlogix 319.5 ) most of the sensors are the new Tx-E201 window/door sensors. When I reboot the panel it takes about an hour to go through all the zones. It keeps showing that # zones are violated.  After about an hour I get the ready to arm meassage.

This is the 3rd install I have done with an Elk-M1 panel and I do not remember any of them having this problem. I have checked and rechecked the wiring and termination. I installed two keypads and and the wireless receiver with the Elk M1DBH. Thinking that could be the problem I disconnected it and wired everything the old fashion way. Daisy chained the 2 keypads and terminated the last. Ran the wireless receiver on its own run and terminated it. No termination on the panel.

I am thinking I just may have a bad Elk-M1XRFEG.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the m1xrfeg but with my elk 2-way wireless the zones need to be opened and closed after cycling the power on the panel in order for them to report as secured. Maybe worth a try?

Mike.

DEL
When I did the walk through test I got most 7.  I believe 8 is the strongest.

Mike
The requirement for the open and close is a setting in the Globals G29-G42 "UL Wireless Jam Detect"
My problem is I can be away for weeks at a time. If I lose power for an extended period past what the battery can supply the system will shut down. When power is restored it takes over an hour to detect all the wireless zones correctly. I have 47 wireless zones. Had Elk on the phone for over and hour and they couldn't tell me if this was normal or not. The M1RFEG supposedly can take up to 68 minutes to cycle although the Elk support person agreed that the usual is more like 5-10 minutes.

The 5-10 minutes it what it takes on the other 2 installs I have done.

Thanks

Do the wireless sensors come back all at once after 68 minutes or do they come back individually throughout that time period? I'm thinking that any one of the wireless sensors may have a problem and be stalling the reboot process.

Mike.

EDIT - I'm thinking that maybe you can log into the panel with RP and watch the status of the sensors as they check in.

arctec37 said:
DEL
When I did the walk through test I got most 7.  I believe 8 is the strongest.

Mike
The requirement for the open and close is a setting in the Globals G29-G42 "UL Wireless Jam Detect"
My problem is I can be away for weeks at a time. If I lose power for an extended period past what the battery can supply the system will shut down. When power is restored it takes over an hour to detect all the wireless zones correctly. I have 47 wireless zones. Had Elk on the phone for over and hour and they couldn't tell me if this was normal or not. The M1RFEG supposedly can take up to 68 minutes to cycle although the Elk support person agreed that the usual is more like 5-10 minutes.

The 5-10 minutes it what it takes on the other 2 installs I have done.

Thanks

When I looked at GE wireless sensors RF signals last year, I noticed that the heartbeat packet is transmitted every 68 minutes.  E.g. a motion sensor messages:
2016-11-18 01:02:30 0001c6dde26114a4 47bb63 6114 Motion East
2016-11-18 02:10:48 0001c6dde2e11434 47bb63 e114 Motion East
2016-11-18 03:19:06 0001c6dde2011528 47bb63 0115 Motion East
2016-11-18 04:27:25 0001c6dde28115b8 47bb63 8115 Motion East

Apparently, Elk decided to wait this much time to receive at least one packet from all wireless sensors and then assume that the "UL Wireless Jam Detect" condition is satisfied.  Presumably, when the setting is disabled, Elk just assumes all wireless sensors are OK (unless it receives a packet indicating otherwise). 

I am surprised they spent an entire hour unable to answer you questions.

If I understand you correctly then couldn’t you power the system up, disable the jam detection and cycle the power again. This would accept the wireless sensors and then you could re enable the the jam detection if you like.

Mike

VC1234
That's the conclusion we came to. The GE wireless sensors take up to the 68 minutes to get them all to respond. If I check "Jam Detection" the keypad shows the zones as violated until they respond and can not arm the house until they all respond.  If I uncheck "Jam Detection" all zones show up secured right away even though they may not be.

Know that I understand it, I guess it is something that I just have to live with. Wish there was a rule I could write that would check each zone and make them respond.

Thanks for all the help

arctec37 said:
VC1234
That's the conclusion we came to. The GE wireless sensors take up to the 68 minutes to get them all to respond. If I check "Jam Detection" the keypad shows the zones as violated until they respond and can not arm the house until they all respond.  If I uncheck "Jam Detection" all zones show up secured right away even though they may not be.

Know that I understand it, I guess it is something that I just have to live with. Wish there was a rule I could write that would check each zone and make them respond.

Thanks for all the help
Unfortunately, the GE sensors, while pretty good with the range and the battery life, are rather primitive in that they support only one way conversation, i.e. they are simple transmitters, they cannot receive anything, not even acknowledgement.  You can only prod them into sending by walking or closing/opening the doors to speed thongs up.

Back