Elk M1XSP w/Insteon firmware not showing up in ElkRP

johnnynine

I sat down to overwrite the firmware on one of my M1XSP modules but it doesn't show up in the ElkRP software under 'Update or Verify Firmware' or 'Show KPs and Expanders'.

I have two M1XSP's connected via the data bus hub. The other M1SXP is used for the thermostats and does show up in ElkRP.

The one that doesn't show up has the Insteon firmware on it and I wanted to overwrite that since I no longer use Insteon. Once I noticed that I didn't see it in ElkRP, I made sure it was still plugged into the data bus hub and that he connections were secure (which it was). I then went to the keypad and enrolled data bus modules. After it was done I scrolled through the enrolled modules on the keypad, and it shows 2 serial expanders.

Why is it not showing up in ElkRP?

Johnny

FIXED.

That was bizarre. I changed the address and now it works. The M1SXP documentation clearly states that the addresses should start with 1 and be sequential. But mine were 1 and 9, but I don't recall why. They worked when I was using Insteon. In any case it is showing up now that the addresses are 1 and 2.

Back