ELK rule please

v1rtu0s1ty

Can someone with an ELK please help with a rule?

I want to arm my system, stay mode, everyday at 11pm.

Thanks.

I'm not so sure how smart it is to automatically arm a system based on time alone, especially if your system is monitored. This is even more true for a Night mode and thats all I would use at bedtime. If an intruder trips a perimiter opening, I want to know immediately, not in 30 seconds. So, assume you auto arm the system to Stay Night mode at 11PM, but you happen to be out that night. You come home after 11PM and you have no way to get in the house without tripping the alarm. Or, you are out really late and have a babysitter. The babysitter either doesn't know or forgets and steps outside and trips the alarm.

Anyway, my point is either build in some smart exceptions, or just press a button when you really want the system armed.

Looks like it's time for me to buy another KP2 so I can mount it in my master bedroom. The wire behind the drywall in the bedroom has been waiting for me for 6 months now. ;)

Neil, Steve has some good points. Would a keypad text and beeping reminder work if the system wasn't armed to stay mode at 11:00 p.m.?

rfdesq said:
Neil, Steve has some good points. Would a keypad text and beeping reminder work if the system wasn't armed to stay mode at 11:00 p.m.?
Yeah, that's a good idea too or even a message to saying "System is not armed". Then after 2 minutes, if I didn't arm it, it means we are outside.

I always sleep past 1am so 11pm is very conservative.

Back