ELK Russound Support

opie

I started this new thread from a conversation that was started in this thread. These are photos, taken at the recent CEDIA show in Denver, of the new features that were introduced in ELK RM. I apologize for the poor quality, I didn't have my good camera and the lighting wasn't the best.

Also keep in mind this is still in development.

Input Selection

ELK_Russound_Inputs.jpg

CD Control

ELK_Russound_CD.jpg

Tuner Control

ELK_Russound_Tuner.jpg

Interface on a Dell PDA

ELK_Russound_PPC.jpg

Live Video from IP Camera

ELK_Video.jpg

Cool pics! Does Russound have a CD player that works on their Rnet link? If not, what CD player are they controlling here and how is it hooked in for control from the touch screen?

Also can you bring up a video camera from within a rule? Are there any surface mount or table stand options for the Elk touch screens?

When is Elk going to release any software or hardware to interface with Russound?

Does it only work with Russound CAV or any Russound products?

upstatemike said:
Cool pics! Does Russound have a CD player that works on their Rnet link? If not, what CD player are they controlling here and how is it hooked in for control from the touch screen?

Also can you bring up a video camera from within a rule? Are there any surface mount or table stand options for the Elk touch screens?
The ELK booth was using a Sony CD changer connected to a CAM (I believe). The ELK talks to the CAM and the CAM issues the IR commands to the CD player. The CAV or CAM will pass through IR commands. Another case where RNET is more useful is the Russound SMS3 Media Server. This does have a CD tray used for importing but is not technically a CD player. It will automatically rip the CD and get the Metadata from Gracenote or Muze and then this information can be shared with RNET devices: Keypads, Russound Touchscreens, ELK RM ... I am sure Paul could explain this better.

As far as bringing up video with a rule, I don't know how that would be accomplished. Maybe by passing as ASCII string. I can try to find that out, or maybe Spany will see this but he is probably wiped out from CEDIA.

I do not know of any surface or table mount options for the ELK TS-07 but I don't think it's very thick so one could be made from wood perhaps. Russound was showing their touch screen in a table top enclosure but I don't know if that's a released product or not.

When is Elk going to release any software or hardware to interface with Russound?

Does it only work with Russound CAV or any Russound products?

I was told it would be released in the next few months, end of October perhaps. I assume the hardware would be via M1XSP to the CAV or CAM Serial Port. Will work with CAV or CAM.

upstatemike said:
Can you have more than one ip camera that you can select from the touch screen?
Yes. I was told there is a utility used to configure the camera's IP's for RM. When you select the "Video" tab a list of available cameras shows in the view window.

Keep in mind that if you have your cameras directly connected to the PC's and use DVR software which has a web interface (almost all apps support come with some sort of web services), you can interface those cameras that way, so there is no need to worry about not being able to see your non-ip cam on the Elk TS. It's pretty cool.

Back