• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

elk speaker/siren

v1rtu0s1ty

should the speaker/siren in second floor be in series to the other speaker/siren in first floor? Right now, my current diagram is using 2 dedicated 18/4 for them.

Please let me know guys.

Thanks! ;)

v1rtu0s1ty

BraveSirRobbin said:
Need total and type you are using (wasn't clear in your post).
I'm sorry. I was saying about wiring. My current plan is to run a dedicated 18/4 wire from second floor speaker/siren location downto to the headend location. Also run another dedicate 18/4 wire to the headend location. I was hoping that I can use single 18/4 wire for both of the speaker/siren to save some 18/4 wire.

I didn't understand when you said "total".

v1rtu0s1ty

I should have mentioned earlier ELK 73. I had an impression that when someone says elk speaker/siren, they were referrring to ELK-73. Never thought that there were many models. I've got to make myself busy at Elk's website then and do a lot of readings.

AutomatedOutlet

I would home run every speaker. This way they can be connected in series or parallel depending on your needs.
I agree. In addition, you could add some relays and also control them with the digital outputs.