ELO ET1545L Mounting SAW glass to screen

I am in the process of replacing an ELO touchscreen in my kitchen. When I purchased the first unit the touchscreen glass was stuck to the screen so I just put it in the wall. It failed recently and I purchased a replacement on eBay. The new unit came with the touchscreen glass sitting on the screen - but not mounted. I called ELO and through their repair distributor ordered what I thought was double-sided foam to mount the glass. When it came it was only the same single-sided foam that was mounted to the screen originally, providing a soft cushion for the touch glass to sit on. I then took a closer look at the older screen and it looks like they originally put double-sided tape on the screen, and then used the single-sided foam tape to mount the touch glass to the tape. Has anyone had any experience with this? I am now starting to look for the double-sided tape they used? Thanks.

I believe it's called "Volara foam", which you can find online if you use Google. Search for "ELO tape" on the forums here, and you should find a bunch of relevant threads.

Thanks. I did order this foam from the ELO authorized parts company. The issue with it is that it only has adhesive on one side. I need double sided foam to adhere the glass touch plate to the screen. I ended up trying regular 3M double sided foam and it seems to have worked.

Some people reported some sensitivity issues whenever they used any non ELO tape, or did you stick the ELO tape on the touch side, and then used the 3M tape to connect the other tape to the glass (if that is even possible)?

I looked at a couple of options and eventually just went ahead and put the Scotch double sided foam tape directly between the touch glass and the screen. It worked fine. So far no issues - touch screen is now in the wall and being used.

Back