Ge sensors monitored by Homeseer?

Rustytek

I was wondering if it was possible to monitor the ge sensors by using something like the new ELK g1rfxg2 sensor to read them. I would hate to install a security system and run the wires for keypads/etc. it I could just read the wireless sensors into homeseer (smoke detectors, window/door recessed contacts, water sensors).

I was wondering if it was possible to monitor the ge sensors by using something like the new ELK g1rfxg2 sensor to read them. I would hate to install a security system and run the wires for keypads/etc. it I could just read the wireless sensors into homeseer (smoke detectors, window/door recessed contacts, water sensors).

If you do not have a security system yet you can use the Visonic (NextAlarm, SecureLink) sensors with the RFXCOM receiver and the ACRF plug-in. It is expected that in about 2 months the 315MHz Visonic receiver for the US will also be available at www.cheapertronics.com

GE makes a Quickbridge device that can monitor 8 wireless GE sensors, then it gives you outputs that a PC can monitor with a digital input card. I do that. I have a security system with 48 zones, but I wanted a few extra that didn't need to be used for security and they could go right to Homeseer.

The ELK M1XRFG2's data bus output requires the M1 request its data after a RF packet is received. Complex protocol to do it, but a good idea to have an ASCII streaming output on received data.

Back