Getting Nervous!

elcano said:
Steve said:
You really should consider hardwire for future homes, it is the most reliable you can get.
Steve,

My brother is still designing his new house. Can you expand a little on the hardwired options? What is available out there? All what I see in the automation sites are wither PLC or z-wave, or some branded devices, but I have always disregarded the branded devices as proprietary and expensive.

Are there open hardwire options? I mean, something that can be managed from an M1? How do they work, via voltage signals?

Are they cost effective compared to the next most reliable option (UPB)?

What brands/lines should I look for?

With so many people asking here about their new constructions, its curious that I dont see much about hardwire lightning here in Cocoontech.
Hi

Here in Oz and also the UK ...Clipsal CBUS is a very popular hardwire lighting system...Im sure i have seen docs with mention of 110v ( for U.S) .....
The components are not cheap but IMO not expensive either and look great...Check out the link......Here in Oz i believe that Ness ( M1 Distributors) are currently working on a interface to control the CBUS lighting via the M1 Panel...

http://www.cbussales.com/

I did find some U.S. info

Clipsal USA Inc.
Tel: +1 858 674 2555
Fax: +1 858 451 9777
E-Mail: [email protected]

HTH
Frank

Back