HAI/Leviton 75A00-2 Access Control Card Reader ?

abrower78

The Card Reader has 4 wire connection for to Power Hub and a output to electric latch a place to wire a request to exit button and to Inputs, My question is what are the two Inputs used for,  I have searched forums, googled, downloaded manuals, and none of them tell what and or how the inputs would be used. the pdf installation manual shows each input connected to a contact switch, but what function would this give me and how to use it. 

BTW the controller would be a OmniPro II. 

incase your not familiar with this i will post the link to the Installation manual PDF.

Thanks

They're to simplify installation - a single wire run to the reader gives you everything you need for access control at the door - including door sensors, Request To Exit input, a spare, and outputs to control the lock.  The inputs could be lock status, standard door contact, etc.

I don't know the details of where the HAI numbers those inputs, but the concept is pretty standard.

They are actually not used. Was for "future use", but HAI took a lot of heat for putting all of the functions at the door switch, this would allow anyone with knowledge to pull the reader off the wall and just short the "push to enter" wires together to gain access, so they kind of gave up on them it seems.

Work2Play said:
They're to simplify installation - a single wire run to the reader gives you everything you need for access control at the door - including door sensors, Request To Exit input, a spare, and outputs to control the lock.  The inputs could be lock status, standard door contact, etc.

I don't know the details of where the HAI numbers those inputs, but the concept is pretty standard.
hmmm i was wondering if possiable to use door status Open/Closed

Frunple said:
They are actually not used. Was for "future use", but HAI took a lot of heat for putting all of the functions at the door switch, this would allow anyone with knowledge to pull the reader off the wall and just short the "push to enter" wires together to gain access, so they kind of gave up on them it seems.
yeah that dosent seem to be very secure, are there other RFID readers that work with OmniPro II.  If not i could run 3 seperate lines to the door from the Board 1 for each item.  Card Reader, electric latch/doorlock, Door contacts and then just figure out the rest in programming.  But now that I see how unsecure their RFID reader is dont know if i want to use it.

I also asked a question in the support here is the answer -
[SIZE=10pt]"To use a 3rd party card reader, you must get the ASCII strings which will be sent from the reader to a serial port on the controller. This would have to come from the reader manufacturer. The port function on the serial port would be ProLink. If your reader can provide a contact closure, it could be connected to a Zone on the LTE, and automation could be done from the Zone trip.[/SIZE]"

P.S. I'm having a problem installing HAI reader . When introducing it into the system-it is continuously beep . What could be the problem ?

Back