HAI/Lutron

oramos

I am in early stages of planning automation system for new house.

I have previously had HAI systems in two houses not only controling security and automation but lights and HVAC also. Although capable, I think the RadioRA system is better for lighting than the HAI system and looking at moving to that.

As Ive looked into that (did the Level 1 training already), it seems lacking in automation flexibility and has no IFTTT capabilities at all. So, it looks like it need to be paired with something else to provide that.

I need to control lights (RadioRA, HVAC, Security, Gates/Garage Doors) and will have cameras and irrigation as well. I will not integrate A/V. And, I need a good overall control interface.

I could go back to HAI but it seems a bit abandoned by Leviton (and am unsure about control interface as understand some issues with Haiku as well). The various hub solutions I see are cloud based and cant see how that would provide the best speed or reliability.

What are other using?

Thanks!

HAI Omnipro works nicely with RadioRA, and it will also control other things that you listed. As for the interface, it depends on what you really want from it. HAI has omnitouch interfaces for wall mount, and Snaplink app will control everything but the interface itself is very simplistic. You can also add a software controller like Homeseer or CQC into your setup to enhance the UI.

Thanks. Yea the Snaplink interface seems outdated compared to others. I guess my concern with HAI is the lack of product development. I will take a look at the others

Yeah as old as the OmniPro 2 is I have not seen another combination security / automation panel (other than the Elk M1) that matches what it does. 

Relating to remote console access via Smartphones it's been a bit slow. 

Relating to lighting here utilize UPB which has worked 100% for me.  I also have X10 (Christmas lighting), ZWave and Zigbee controllers connected to it.  Most of the hard automation is wired though using zones and outputs.  Omnitouch 5.7 and Omnitouch 5.7e's are wired.
Russound control is wired.  Utilize Homeseer software interaction (since the installation in the early 2000's). 

As mentioned there is no comparison to day for these panels as no one company makes anything similar.

Back