HAI Omni and Lumina Firmware 2.15 Update

Sacedog

I just saw this on the HAI website, and thought others would be interested. There are a couple of cool new lighting updates, as well as a lot of new support for distributed audio systems.

+++++++

HAI, the leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, has released Version 2.15 controller firmware for its Omni and Lumina home control systems.

HAI's award-winning OmniPro II and Lumina Pro home control systems now offer support for audio systems from NuVo, Xantech, Speakercraft, and Proficient. The NuVo Grand Concerto, Essentia, and Simplese; Xantech MRC-88; Speakercraft MZC; and Proficient M4 and M6 audio systems have been added to HAI's audio connectivity list, joining the NuVo Concerto, Russound CAM, CAV, CAA-66, and CAS44 audio systems. The Hi-Fi by HAI audio system from HAI can connect to any of HAI's home control systems.

When connected to an OmniPro II or Lumina Pro, the audio system can be integrated with any other automated system in the house such as security, lighting control, or energy management. For example, music can be programmed to come on automatically when the door is opened. The integration is so seamless that the keypad from the audio system is displayed on the HAI OmniTouch Touchscreen and over the Internet with Snap-Link exactly as is would on the original keypad from the whole home audio system.

The new firmware also includes a number of additional enhancements to the automation capabilities of all of the Omni Family and Lumina Family controllers. These include support for the CentraLite StarLite lighting system, the ability to blink UPB lights at varying blink rates, raise/lower temperature settings a fixed number of degrees from their current settings, temporarily change the light level of a light then return to the previous setting, and control the action of the LED and beeper when displaying a message on a console or Touchscreen. It is now possible to programmatically control the beeper and enable/disable the beeper on a console or Touchscreen. One can also easily enable or disable the beeper locally at each console.

Oh man, this sucks. I *just* got the 2.14 upgrade 2 days ago!

I just saw this on the HAI website, and thought others would be interested. There are a couple of cool new lighting updates, as well as a lot of new support for distributed audio systems.

+++++++

HAI, the leading manufacturer of integrated automation and security products since 1985, has released Version 2.15 controller firmware for its Omni and Lumina home control systems.

HAI's award-winning OmniPro II and Lumina Pro home control systems now offer support for audio systems from NuVo, Xantech, Speakercraft, and Proficient. The NuVo Grand Concerto, Essentia, and Simplese; Xantech MRC-88; Speakercraft MZC; and Proficient M4 and M6 audio systems have been added to HAI's audio connectivity list, joining the NuVo Concerto, Russound CAM, CAV, CAA-66, and CAS44 audio systems. The Hi-Fi by HAI audio system from HAI can connect to any of HAI's home control systems.

When connected to an OmniPro II or Lumina Pro, the audio system can be integrated with any other automated system in the house such as security, lighting control, or energy management. For example, music can be programmed to come on automatically when the door is opened. The integration is so seamless that the keypad from the audio system is displayed on the HAI OmniTouch Touchscreen and over the Internet with Snap-Link exactly as is would on the original keypad from the whole home audio system.

The new firmware also includes a number of additional enhancements to the automation capabilities of all of the Omni Family and Lumina Family controllers. These include support for the CentraLite StarLite lighting system, the ability to blink UPB lights at varying blink rates, raise/lower temperature settings a fixed number of degrees from their current settings, temporarily change the light level of a light then return to the previous setting, and control the action of the LED and beeper when displaying a message on a console or Touchscreen. It is now possible to programmatically control the beeper and enable/disable the beeper on a console or Touchscreen. One can also easily enable or disable the beeper locally at each console.

I would call HAI if I were you, and tell them that you want to return your 2.14 firmware, and get the new 2.15. They should have no problem doing this for you. I am a bit surprised that they would sell you the old firmware so close to the new ones release. :)

do they make you pay for EVERY update that comes out?? also, how often are they updated?

I guess this means 18 months from now on-q updates? LOL. Actually, i have no idea how long they lag behind. be nice if it was just weeks but i am gettin the impression its months if not longer.

do they make you pay for EVERY update that comes out?? also, how often are they updated?

Usually yes. I believe that they actually send you the new firmware on a chip that you have to replace in the system itself. That, coupled with the fact that they are not thay DIY friendly, are the main reasons why I will be purchasing the Elk M1. :)

well thats good to know. I wonder if on-q is diy friendly? Their tech support always seems to answer and are friendly even before I became an integrater.

I got it from AO, so I sent an email to Martin, see if he can help.

I would call HAI if I were you, and tell them that you want to return your 2.14 firmware, and get the new 2.15. They should have no problem doing this for you. I am a bit surprised that they would sell you the old firmware so close to the new ones release. :D

Back