HAI Omnipro II serial connection

Drtodd

If there is a cheat sheet for this it would be great to know where to look. So I PCA software but it won't fire up with my saved PCA file on another computer. So it looks like I need to pull the pca file off the board. I have a serial/ethernet cord. Do I plug it into the ethernet port on the board or somewhere else? Truely I need to get someone in to do some system & network cleanup for which I don't have the time to dive in. I'm good with programming once I'm in but I am at a roadblock. Thanks!

t looks like I need to pull the pca file off the board. I have a serial/ethernet cord. Do I plug it into the ethernet port on the board or somewhere else?
Hello Drtodd. You have either a serial cable or a ethernet cable. They are different. If it fits in the connectors on the top left of the board, its a serial cable. If its wider and fits in the ethernet port on the top center of the board, its an ethernet cable. If you have a serial cable, you must have the 21A05-1 9 pin adapter on one end. This plugs into the RS232 port on your computer. I'm attaching the PC Access manual.

Attachments

• PC Access DI-021-SO105-00A-W.pdf
    367 KB · Views: 17
Hello Drtodd. You have either a serial cable or a ethernet cable. They are different. If it fits in the connectors on the top left of the board, its a serial cable. If its wider and fits in the ethernet port on the top center of the board, its an ethernet cable. If you have a serial cable, you must have the 21A05-1 9 pin adapter on one end. This plugs into the RS232 port on your computer. I'm attaching the PC Access manual.
Thanks for the manual! I have the serial cable for the computer with an adapter for ethernet. There are no other connection ports on the board other than ethernet. Thanks!

Back