• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

heya

unrealii

Greetings fellow cocoo'ers. I'm glad I found a website which is dedicated to home automation as well as entertainment. As of now, I live at home, so most of the home automation stuff doesn't apply to me. This site gives me great ideas for when I move out into my own house, but I'm sure my future wife will probably kill me for spending more time on the house than with her :p

Here is the system I put together for my parents a few years back.
frontroomSmall.jpg

I am an audiophilie, but on a very very low budget. However, that doesn't stop me from paying a little bit more for some components which I know will last me for a very long time - most of which has got me in trouble so far ;)

Here's a night shot of the stereo system I put in my car. I wasn't satisfied with the lack of depth from the factory sound system, so I replaced it all with an Eclipse CD8454 radio, mtx 5 channel amp, image dynamics subwoofer, and polk audio DB series speakers.
nightshotSmall.jpg

For my room, this is a new addition. For the past 6 years I have always wanted a surround sound system in my room. I finally saved up enough waiting for a good sale to come by and I hit the mark when I found an open box demo unit Energy Take 5+1 system from goodguys as well as an open box yamaha 5660 reciever from bestbuy.
myroom1Small.jpg

myroom2Small.jpg

That TV was built in 1986. Ironically, it crapped out two days after I got my sound system. ;) However that discman which is 10 years old is still running.