HomeSeer Technologies Releases HomeSeer 2.1

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Bedford, NH – A new version of the award winning HomeSeer Home Automation Software was released today by HomeSeer Technologies LLC. HomeSeer 2.1 builds on the power and flexibility of 2.0 (released last year) and offers even greater reliability. The new version is the first software of its kind written entirely in Microsoft's .NET 2.0 framework. It is the only program of its type to offer remote internet-based voice recognition, text-to-speech and audio capabilities. HomeSeer 2.1 is designed to integrate and control lighting, appliances, security, HVAC, home theater and other common home systems.

HomeSeer 2.1 may be easily installed by any homeowner and then controlled using voice, telephone, touchscreens, wall controllers, handheld remotes and even PocketPCs or PDAs. As with version 2.0, HomeSeer 2.1 also supports ASP.NET, which allows users to easily create their own control interfaces. The web interface also supports screen readers, offering accessibility for those who are sight-impaired.

Read the rest of this press release

"Home 'Control' and 'Automation' are often considered to be the same thing." states Mark Colegrove, sales director for HomeSeer, "However, most other systems offer little more than centralized 'manual' control of the home. HomeSeer starts with centralized control but then adds true automation to the equation!"

HomeSeer 2.1 supports many popular automation technologies and companies such as
Z-Wave, INSTEON, UPB, Lutron (HomeWorks and RadioRA), Leviton, Intermatic, HAI, DSC and hundreds more. Additional support for professional-grade distributed audio systems from Russound and hardwired lighting systems from Centralite and Vantage is planned for later this year.

A professional version of the software, designed for installers and integrators, is also available. Contact HomeSeer for details.

HomeSeer 2.1 is shipping now.

For the past eight years HomeSeer Technologies has been creating some of the most popular and robust automation systems available. HomeSeer Technologies’ flagship product HomeSeer has been a solution for many levels of users from mission critical systems such as the lighting for the New York State Bridge Authority to the needs of their 10,000+ residential and do-it-yourselfer users. HomeSeer has won numerous awards including TechTV’s Best of CES 2004, HomeAutomation top 50, TechLiving’s HOT LIST for 2004, and was recently selected as a central integration component in all episodes of the hit FOX TV show “Renovate My Familyâ€. HomeSeer Technologies web site is HomeSeer.com.

About HomeSeer Technologies
HomeSeer Technologies is a leading provider of home control software based in Bedford New Hampshire. Our flagship product “HomeSeerâ€, gives users the ability to automate everything in their home, including lights, appliances, thermostats, audio/video, and media content. Our software is IP enabled, giving users remote access from anywhere in the world. Visit www.homeseer.com for more information.

###

HomeSeer is a registered trademark of HomeSeer Technologies LLC.

Media Contacts:

Mark Colegrove
Director of Sales
HomeSeer Technologies
603-471-2816

So Homeseer is following Microsoft's example "If you can't fix all the bugs, just put out a new version and start fresh". I still don't see a reason to replace my older, but stable version of Homeseer with a whole new set of problems.

Here's hoping that PowerHome will soon come out with a MainLobby plugin so I can return to using it.

Paul,
Your right they did .."just put out a new version and start fresh".
If you haven't tried HomeSeer 2.1 don't knock it. They rewrote the entire platform from the ground up using the new 2.0 .net libraries and this did in fact fix most of the bugs.

Rupp said:
Paul,
Your right they did .."just put out a new version and start fresh".
If you haven't tried HomeSeer 2.1 don't knock it. They rewrote the entire platform from the ground up using the new 2.0 .net libraries and this did in fact fix most of the bugs.
I'm ready to give it a try as soon as the Stargate plugin is fixed... any progress yet?

AutomatedOutlet said:
I know HST has officially taken the plugin over and is in the process or rewriting it.
Rupp, sounds like a good thing to me. The Stargate is an important device to a lot of people.
I think that is just now sinking in with Rich and Rick and the guys. Forever there was no activity around the Stargate plugin but now that Rick asked for opinions the interest has peeked.

Since Glen addresses most plugin issues over at the JDS Users Group rather than on the Homeseer Message Board, Rick may not have been aware of just how much activity there was on an ongoing basis.

upstatemike said:
Since Glen addresses most plugin issues over at the JDS Users Group rather than on the Homeseer Message Board, Rick may not have been aware of just how much activity there was on an ongoing basis.
I'm sure your right on that. Hopefully the plugin will get released soon.

Rupp said:
upstatemike said:
I'm sure your right on that. Hopefully the plugin will get released soon.
Hopefully before the 2.1 upgrade sale ends!

I wouldn't bet on the plugin being released that soon. Rich and family have taken a few days off over the holiday so I doubt any thing will be release over the next few days.

Back