How to get Humidity to display in HAI Omni Clients

swb_mct

I can't find a way to see the current humidity level using Web-Link or the mobile apps.  The only way to see the current humidity level is to go into the PC-Access program while it is connected to the controller.  

Does anyone know a way to get there with an app ?

This is from PC-Access . . it displays the current humidity. 

humidity.png

I see humidity on my Omnitouch screens and snaplink apps.

One thing I have learned is to to reboot Omnitouch screens to get newest stuff if I make a change and that is the same with the Snaplink app.

Switched over to using VPN over the last few years and that works fine.  What doesn't work lately is my No-IP service.  I mean I use it for VPN but it doesn't see all of my devices.  If I put the internet WAN IP configuration in the VPN set up it does work fine.  It is as if that No-IP is caching too much stuff?

pete_c said:
Switched over to using VPN over the last few years and that works fine.  What doesn't work lately is my No-IP service.  I mean I use it for VPN but it doesn't see all of my devices.  If I put the internet WAN IP configuration in the VPN set up it does work fine.  It is as if that No-IP is caching too much stuff?
You are probably way ahead of me on this . .  do you have a free no-ip account ?   It requires that you perform a "Hostname Confirmation" every 30 days . . or it "dies".  
When you ping your No-Ip url, does it ping the correct IP ? 

This is my own  "what is my IP" site that is free of ads etc, for checking you IP 
https://denning.com/x  

I have been using dynamic DNS for many years that is configured in my broadband router . . not a computer app.  At least once, I have replaced a router and forget about the Dynamic DNS setup in the router.   

Thank you swb_mct.

Yes here been using no-ip paid now for over 15 years or so.  I am using PFSense (over 10 years now) with dyn dns configured.

VPN always did work with my dns name.  It is only recently that it doesn't work right.

Maybe cuz now I am using IP6??  Using PFSense DNSResolver and do now see both IP4 and IP6 DNS servers here.

The above said did you re download your stuff to your clients and do you see the humidity now?

Here via VPN also use Homeseer Omni client and Home Assistantant Omnilinkbridge client and Snaplink and OmnitouchPro clients.

IE: installed VPN on the tabletop OmniTouchPro clients and have tested outside of my home lan via VPN (at a hotel).

I can see the Omnistat, HAI temperature sensors and HAI combo temperature and humidity sensors with the above.

Also utilize 1-wire sensors here (everywhere) so I compare the numbers between HAI sensors and 1-wire.

Here typically in the midwest shut off the basement de humidifier, enable the whole house humidifier and sometimes use a small humidifier in the master bedroom for WAF.  Try to keep the humidity level around 35-40% during the winter except for the master bedroom.

pete_c said:

The above said did you re download your stuff to your clients and do you see the humidity now? 

Yes, I can see the Thermostat-Humidity now in the OMNILINK app.    Thanks.

I have a programming question . . 

We have an intermittent condition where we need to dehumidify in the winter, related to ground water raising the humidity in shallow dirt-floor crawlspace  (this is a 100 year old lake cabin).  The built in humid control in the dehumidifier does't do what we need.  

So I have this simple program to control AC power to the dehumidifier.  The fact that Current Thermostat values can't be a trigger, but can be a Condition makes it harder to program an email alert.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY HOUR
     AND IF Living Room Humidity is GREATER THAN 50
     THEN dehumidifier on for 3 hours
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want a flag that can be a signal to send an email alert when the Humidifier initially goes ON.  The problem with the programming above is sends an ON signal every hour.  I want to know when it goes ON for real, not an hourly reset for another 3 hours.

So how can I have a signal for an email alert when it actually goes ON ? . .  it may stay on for a month in the summer, and don't want an on signal every hour.

Curious why you have it going on or checking every three hours with an hourly reset.

Why not just leave it on at a certain humidity level and shut it off when it reaches a certain humidity level?

I do not think you can do the email you want with that email board...I do not have one so not sure.

I can do something like that with the Homeseer Omni plugin or the HA OmniLinkBridge software or my current alarm company.

The built in humid control in the dehumidifier does't do what we need.

Here just purchased a new de humidifier as the old one would freeze up.

The old one was just an on and off switch and an adjustment for humidity. This was an el cheapo $200 one from Amazon.

The new one has a bit of automation to the multiple controls on it.  On power on it remembers last settings which would work for you.

So you would not need to power it on or off.  You could just monitor it to make sure it was running sending an email to you maybe once a day or so with humdity levels.

The yearly regiment here in the midwest is to keep the dehumidifier on in the basement during the summer months and turn on the whole house humdifier during the winter while concurrently shutting off the dehumidifier.

pete_c said:
pete_c, on 06 Nov 2019 - 11:02, said:
Curious why you have it going on or checking every three hours with an hourly reset.

Why not just leave it on at a certain humidity level and shut it off when it reaches a certain humidity level?

I do not think you can do the email you want with that email board...I do not have one so not sure.

I can do something like that with the Homeseer Omni plugin or the HA OmniLinkBridge software or my current alarm company.

The built in humid control in the dehumidifier does't do what we need.

Here just purchased a new de humidifier as the old one would freeze up.

The old one was just an on and off switch and an adjustment for humidity. This was an el cheapo $200 one from Amazon.

The new one has a bit of automation to the multiple controls on it. On power on it remembers last settings which would work for you.

So you would not need to power it on or off. You could just monitor it to make sure it was running sending an email to you maybe once a day or so with humdity levels.

The yearly regiment here in the midwest is to keep the dehumidifier on in the basement during the summer months and turn on the whole house humdifier during the winter while concurrently shutting off the dehumidifier.
The three hour interval is to keep it from switching off/on/off every hour if the humidity reading oscillates between 50 and 51 and 50 every hour for while.

The reason a built in humidistat doesn't work is because the dry air is being drawn into the crawl space from the "dry" room with a large exhaust fan that draws the dry air through the entire crawl space to the outside. The humidity in the small dry room is always 35 - 40. And this humidifier runs its fan when its "off" and there is no need for the fan if its off for several weeks in the winter.

The dehumidifier remembers its settings when AC power is withdrawn.

We have the exhaust system and a motorized damper programmed with a combination of Occupancy-status / inside humidity / outside Humidly and outside Temperature. Don't want to suck wet outside air in, and don't want to extremely suck cold outside air into the home in the winter, or extremely hot air in during the summer if we are at the cabin. So the exhaust is all programmed accordingly.

I want to be notified of the dehumidifier power cycles as information for tuning the threshold settings for all the programming based on data gathered during summer and winter conditions. In the winter this home isn't occupied for many weeks at a time and want to be notified.

I have 3 video cameras dedicated to showing temperature and humidity from 3 weather stations reading inside spaces so I can keep track of the effects of the exhaust system and dehumidifier through the seasons. All the weather stations popup on my computer screen when I open chrome from our home 200 miles away.

Thus my programming question. 

Its kind of a big deal because we had Service Master our a few months ago to consult about mold in the crawl space.  He said control the humidity down there or tear down the house.

Yes just read this:

How To Dry Out A Wet Crawl Space

and see the suggestion of getting one of these crawl space dehumdifiers.

crawl-space-dehumidifier.jpg

I want to know when it goes ON for real, not an hourly reset for another 3 hours.

Put a current sensor on the power line for the dehumidifier and have it trigger a zone.

Back