How to upgrade a REALLY old Elk M1g Firmware and ElkRP

politics123

So the good news is, I have a very stable system. The bad news is, I still use ElkRP on an ancient Dell P3-500 (!!) in order to program it. I'd like to update to the latest possible version, and transition off the old Dell.

Questions:
  1. What is the latest firmware one can get to supporting CADDx and Serial Expansion connected serially to a Zwave controller
  2. What is the replacement for ElkRP? What does it run on?
  3. where does one get the downloads these days?

Thank you!
Michael

Some background information:

ElkRP
Main Program v1.6.26
M1G Control v4.5.30

System Configuration
M1g Boot: 3.3.2 Firmware 4.5.14
CADDx wireless
1 Input Expander
2 Keypads (M1KP and a M1KP2)
Serial Expander boot 1.0.1 firmware 1.0.26
Serial Expander (Leviton ZWave)  boot: 1.0.0 Firmware 20.0.4

You'd do a fresh install of RP in the 2.XX range, I can't comment if you'd have to do it in steps to get the 2.X and then patch it up or not. I've been on the 2.X on many machines for too long. The good news is it's not required to update the panel for the new versions of RP.

I'd say your best bet is to export the program in CR to whatever format you need to retain any notes on the rules you may need as they are not local to the panel, then once RP is installed on a new machine, connect and drag the panel into the program.

From that point, if the system is stable, I wouldn't necessarily update the firmware in the panel/devices. Usually FW is a need-only basis or to patch a issue on a specific configuration.

That said, on Elk's site, they provide the last rev that supported the sunsetted Caddx FW. Think it was in the 4.X range.

Back