HST Releases New HomeSeer 2.0 Software

electron

Administrator
Staff member
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 15, 2005

Bedford, NH – A new version of the award winning HomeSeer Home Automation Software was released this month by HomeSeer Technologies LLC. HomeSeer 2.0 is an entirely new application that takes advantage of the latest computing technologies, including the Microsoft™ .NET Framework. The framework allows the application to be totally distributed. The HomeSeer server application runs on a central PC as a service. Client PCs in the home or on the Internet can be used for text-to-speech or standard text notifications. HomeSeer 2.0 also supports ASP.NET, which allows users to easily create their own control interfaces.

New support for extensive macros allows event actions to perform an endless variety of tasks. The management interface is totally web based, so the entire system can be configured using any web browser. HomeSeer 2.0 is backwards compatible with previous versions. Most current add-ons and automation hardware are supported. This includes the new Media Center interface, TouchPad touch screen/ PocketPC interface, web cams, Z-Wave, X10, and more. Additional technologies will be supported too in the upcoming months, including UPB, INSTEON, Lutron and others.

“ This upgrade will enable HomeSeer to be the most reliable and feature rich software package available for home control,†states Richard Tinker, Chief Technology Officer for HomeSeer.

Read the rest of this press release

HomeSeer 2.0 is shipping now.

For the past six years HomeSeer Technologies has been creating some of the most popular and robust automation systems available. HomeSeer Technologies’ flagship product HomeSeer has been a solution for many levels of users from mission critical systems such as the lighting for the New York State Bridge Authority to the needs of their 8,000+ residential and do-it-yourselfer users. HomeSeer has won numerous awards including TechTV’s Best of CES 2004, HomeAutomation top 50, TechLiving’s HOT LIST for 2004, and was recently selected as a central integration component in all episodes of the hit FOX TV show “Renovate My Familyâ€. HomeSeer Technologies web site is HomeSeer.com.

About HomeSeer Technologies
HomeSeer Technologies is a leading provider of home control software based in Bedford New Hampshire. Our flagship product “HomeSeerâ€, gives users the ability to automate everything in their home, including lights, appliances, thermostats, audio/video, and media content. Our software is IP enabled, giving users remote access from anywhere in the world. Visit www.homeseer.com for more information.

###

HomeSeer is a registered trademark of HomeSeer Technologies LLC.

Media Contacts:

Mark Colegrove
Director of Sales
HomeSeer Technologies
603-471-2816
[email protected]

I'm not, but the sooner I can get insteon support the sooner I can get rid of all the x10 addresses in my house. :blink:

I hope Homseer will have a working beta out the end of this month or early Sept.

M McSharry recently posted that Insteon is replacing the originally issues SDK with a revised one. He advises that he hasn't gotten it yet. I suspect that if HST doesn't jump on developing a plugin for it, Michael will. Why else would a talented developer like he spend the $ on the SDK if he was going to sit?

Back