HST Releases New iTunes & iPod Plug-in

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Bedford, NH – HomeSeer Technologies announces the release of its new plug-in for the Apple’s popular iTunes media management software. The new plug-in will allow HomeSeer users to access and control their iTunes and iPod audio libraries and playlists from within HomeSeer. Any HomeSeer home automation action or event can now be created to play artists, albums, genres and playlists from iTunes or the iPod.

“Apple’s iPod has revolutionized the way people listen to music and iTunes is the program of choice for iPod users. With our new iTunes plug-in, we marry the best music technology with the best home automation technology.†states Mark Colegrove, director of marketing for HomeSeer Technologies. The new plug-in is compatible with iTunes v6.0 (and higher) and with all iPod models.

The new plug-in is designed to download and install into HomeSeer software or into the HomeSeer PRO-100 controller directly from the internet. Once installed, iTunes and iPod music libraries and playlists are automatically imported and ready for use with any HomeSeer event or action.

The iTunes plug-in will begin shipping the week of Dec 5th and will be available from HomeSeer authorized dealers and distributors.

Read the rest of this press release

For the past six years HomeSeer Technologies has been creating some of the most popular and robust automation systems available. HomeSeer Technologies’ flagship product HomeSeer has been a solution for many levels of users from mission critical systems such as the lighting for the New York State Bridge Authority to the needs of their 7,000+ residential and do-it-yourselfer users. HomeSeer has won numerous awards including TechTV’s Best of CES 2004, HomeAutomation top 50, TechLiving’s HOT LIST for 2004, and was recently selected as a central integration component in all episodes of the hit FOX TV show “Renovate My Familyâ€. HomeSeer Technologies web site is HomeSeer.com.

About HomeSeer Technologies
HomeSeer Technologies is a leading provider of home control software based in Bedford New Hampshire. Our flagship product “HomeSeerâ€, gives users the ability to automate everything in their home, including lights, appliances, thermostats, audio/video, and media content. Our software is IP enabled, giving users remote access from anywhere in the world. Visit www.homeseer.com for more information.

###

HomeSeer is a registered trademark of HomeSeer Technologies LLC.
iTunes® and iPod® are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc.

Media Contacts:

Mark Colegrove
Director of Sales
HomeSeer Technologies
603-471-2816
[email protected]

That's just GREAT!!!

Spend your time developing new plug-in's for a product that is BROKEN!

Homeseer Tech. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND! Fix your program. Listen to your userbase, and for gods sake, get rid of your marketing director! He's gonna drive the company right into the ground!

:)

I wonder why they announced this in advanced? I mean usually it's just out.

They didn't even list a price.

boy, that's a surprise given the current issues. Too bad they don't have one more programmer to assist with the base product development!
I didn't even see this announcement on their message board....

HomeSeer has been a solution for many levels of users from mission critical systems such as the lighting for the New York State Bridge Authority to the needs of their 7,000+ residential and do-it-yourselfer users.

If the NY Bridge Authority has upgraded to 2.0 I would not want to be near any bridges in NY! Sorry folks, need to reboot the server to get the lights back on. Darn, that was 3rd time tonight that happened. Any reported wrecks on NY bridges? :)

I do not own the product, but I would tend to feel ANY programmer working or ANYTHING else besides the bug list should be redirected to fixing the product and new stuff takes the back burner. Another fumble. Soon one of the other teams is going to recover HS's fumble and win the game!

Guys,
The HST guys didn't write this plugin. It was a member of the BB that was contracted to write it. So it didn't take any of the current developers time.

Rupp said:
The HST guys didn't write this plugin. It was a member of the BB that was contracted to write it. So it didn't take any of the current developers time.
So who wrote it?

Ok, Rupp, thats understandable then, but maybe, just maybe, isn't that part of the problem? If HS is outsourcing code development and marketing it as their own, where is the QC (Quality Control)? Either HS needs to explicity trust a 3rd party developer (not a real good idea, regardless of how good the programmer is), or HS is spending some resources to at least check it out and make sure it meets their standards. Marketed as their own, their reputation is still at stake if it is not rock solid.

I think I understand HST's approach here - and I consider myself a real supporter of them, I must say that I'm still surprised at their announcement and the obvious response we would all have.

They need to keep at the forefront by building new product - but I think they also need to be aware of how their current user base views it.

Guys, there are only 3 people here who know the HS2 code base enough to work on it. So what should we do, let the others just sit by and do nothing? We have ongoing projects that other people are working on. We need to keep moving forward! The people that can work on HS2 are working as hard as possible on it. HS2 has turned out to be VERY challenging for me and others. I understand there are issues. You can do one of 2 things. You can help us get them worked out by troubleshooting your systems and telling us exactly what is causing the problem. Or, you can just complain and bash and I will have 0 incentive to help.

If you have a problem, open a help desk ticket, explain that you are willing to assist in debugging the issue, and we will go from there. I can tell you that most of the issues are related to compatibilty problems between .NET and COM. Its unfortunate that we have to support COM, but Microsoft has not supplied a viable vbscript replacement, so it needs to stay.

Back to bashing......

Back