HVAC Delivery

erasethemix22

hey guys i found this site called www.hvacdelivery.com so i gave them a call and they have everything from collars, grilles and air conditioning system. It looks like they are still adding alot more product. I purchase a VisionPro 8000
Variable Speed with Dehumidification Touchscreen 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, i have to say its the best T'stat ive seen around.

It is a nice stat and the one I put in a few years ago before the Elk. Wish I hadn't because its tough to justify spending more money now on a controllable one since it is so nice.

Very true but for a variable speed Air handler this T'stat is the only one so far to be able to use the full capacity of it. There are alot of poeple out there that dont know that if you get a variable speed air handler and a standard t'stat you just wasted that extra money for the variable speed and are not going to be able to us it.

you guys should check out that site now they have the new Mr slim 16 SEER ductless mini-split. I have one of the old models i think i might change it.
www.hvacdelivery.com

erasethemix22 said:
Very true but for a variable speed Air handler this T'stat is the only one so far to be able to use the full capacity of it. There are alot of poeple out there that dont know that if you get a variable speed air handler and a standard t'stat you just wasted that extra money for the variable speed and are not going to be able to us it.
a 'variable speed thermostat' is not required to get the benefits of a variable speed air handler . . .

. . . most vari-speed installs are multi zone . . . the zone controller will control the fan speed depending on how many zones are calling for heat or A/C . . .

Pete C

The only other way is messing with the dip switchs on the Air handler itsself. The zone control has nothing to do with controling the variable speed on the air handler. There are many people that have variable speeds and only have one zone down here in Florida. The zone control, controls the dampers etc. not the speed on the air handler.

so what benefit is the variable speed with one zone ? ? ? sounds like someone buys into your sales pitch . . .

most air handlers have optional speeds depending on how you wire a few jumpers, but this is not the same a variable speed when using multiple zones . . . usually used with two stage condensers . . .

Often times variable speed air handlers are used in conjunction with a humidity sensor, and vary speed in the cooling mode to control humidity. And of course, regardless of the thermostat, one of the selling points of variable speed air handlers and furnaces is the slow ramping up to speed (and back down), which makes the noise of the system turning on/off less noticeable. And the variable speed motors used in these systems tend to be more efficient.

Back