I think I fried my OP2 - what now?

Keebert

I've not had much success with my OP2 that came with the house. It mainly just sat there and I have been using other devices for some limited automation. The only real thing it did was to bleep whenever we opened an outside door or window. And the cheap light switches failed one by one so I replaced them with manual ones.

I was wiring up some power to a doorbell it but connected the wrong wires and sent 24V through the console data wire and now the screens just bleep continuously with an error that no data is being received.

So now I'd like to start fresh but using all the door and window wired sensors that are already installed. Any suggestions?

First you will probably need to send your panel to Leviton for repair.  Give them a call.

Phone: 1-800-824-3005

Option 8: Omni Security, Thermostats, Audio

Pete, do you think it's worth it to spend money on getting the board fixed when it's likely to be long in the tooth and unsupported in the future? I was thinking about just replacing it with something else.

Not sure at this time how much it will cost to fix at Leviton.

Is it 1st or 2nd generation OmniPro 2 board?

1st generation has the firmware on replaceable chips.

2nd generation has firmware that you can update via PCA.

It is a well built board and made to last a long time.

So now I'd like to start fresh but using all the door and window wired sensors that are already installed. Any suggestions?

You can install a reasonable priced alarm panel.  That said it will not do automation.  IE: Ademco, DSC, et al.

You can also purchase an Elk M1 which will do automation and security.

pete_c said:
You can install a reasonable priced alarm panel.  That said it will not do automation.  IE: Ademco, DSC, et al.

Things have come a long way in the last few years. For example, you can add this $175 module to Honeywell VISTA panels, 
https://www.security.honeywellhome.com/product-repository/vam
and it can control 232 Z-Wave devices, can send email alerts, has WiFi and a built-in web browser, hooks up to IP cameras, even updates firmware automatically. (What a concept?).

Other "alarm panels" can do even more. 

The Omni Pro II was introduced like 18 years ago. It aged well, but technology marches on.  

Back