Will it allow linking to the local load if you first do this procedure to set up the secondary buttons?
INSTEON KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer Userâ€™s Guide
Buttons can be grouped in an interdependent, exclusive-OR fashion, where pressing one button in a group triggers an ON command for the devices/scene assigned to that button. Grouping is helpful when you have multiple devices or scenes, and youâ€™d like to be able to easily cycle through these devices/scenes with an LED indicator of which device/scene is active.
Programming groups is much more involved than most Insteon device programming. Following are steps for creating a two button group. When creating groups with more than two buttons, we recommended you use the soon to be released Smarthome Manager V2 software program, or contact Smarthome Technical Support for assistance.
NOTE: Programming a two button group from the KeypadLinc keypad requires temporary use of an unused secondary button (in addition to the two buttons being added to the group). Once the group is created, you may reprogram this third button to whichever function or device you desire.
1. For clarityâ€™s sake, the following instructions will refer to the two buttons to be added to a group as button A and button B. The third button that will be used only during the group creation will be referred to as button C.
2. Set the two buttons youâ€™d like to be grouped, buttons A and B, into non-toggle mode, following the instructions in the previous section titled â€œToggle Modeâ€.
3. Press and hold the temporary third button, button C, for 10 seconds. Then successively press buttons A and B for 5 seconds each. This links buttons A and B to button C.
4. Press the C button to exit group link.
5. Press the C button again to turn off buttons A and B using the just-created link.
6. Successively press button A, then button B, for 5 seconds each. This links buttons A and B.
7. Again, successively press button A, then button B, for 5 seconds each. This groups buttons A and B.
8. Successively press button B, then button A, for 5 seconds each. This double links buttons A and B.
9. Again, successively press button B, then button A, for 5 seconds each. This double groups buttons A and B.
10. Set buttons A and B back into toggle mode, using the instructions in the previous section titled â€œToggle Modeâ€.
11. Button C is no longer needed for group programming- it can now be programmed/configured for other uses.