I know that HomeSeer already has a driver in beta for the PLM and I am working on migrating my existing PLC driver to support this for CQC with a beta driver probably in the next few weeks.
The differences between PLM and the current PowerLinc V2 Controller (PLC) series from the announcement e-mail are:
* PLM does not have the ability to accept a download
* PLM does not have an internal clock like PLC
* The controller or host connected to PLM must remain on all the time
* PLM 'speaks' a different language than the PLC so software made to work with the PLC will not directly work with PLM
* SmartLabs' HouseLinc Desktop and Smarthome Timer software will NOT work with PLM
* There is no Smarthome Device Manager (SDM) running on the computer to ease communications between it and the interface
* There is no SALad download for the PLM like there is for the PLC
* You, the developer, have more direct control of the PLM and greater responsibility to interpret PLM's messages to your application.
* Supports Insteon Extended messages
* Uses simple RS-232 commands so anything with a programmable serial port could be set up to easily send Insteon commands (HAI panels, Stargate, Homevision, RCS controllers)