Insteon SwitchLinc or Icon Double On Tap

alarmguy

HELP NEEDED

Was wondering if anyone here has made a SwitchLinc or Icon double ON / OFF tap work to control other switches using HouseLinc Desktop Software in the Events setup tab????? Three (3) hours of TECH SUPPORT, with Three (3) different TECH'S, Three (3) different ANSWERS, and it DOSEN"T WORK THREE (3) TIMES?????

Thanks in advance!!

Three (3) hours of TECH SUPPORT, with Three (3) different TECH'S, Three (3) different ANSWERS, and it DOSEN"T WORK THREE (3) TIMES?????

To me ..... no surprise based on my experience with their support.

Sorry I dont have an answer for you.

HELP NEEDED

Was wondering if anyone here has made a SwitchLinc or Icon double ON / OFF tap work to control other switches using HouseLinc Desktop Software in the Events setup tab????? Three (3) hours of TECH SUPPORT, with Three (3) different TECH'S, Three (3) different ANSWERS, and it DOSEN"T WORK THREE (3) TIMES?????

Thanks in advance!!

I set up a couple of these several months ago using Houselinc. It was easy to do and worked the first time I tried. Its worked reliably since. I have a double tap event for both on and off on my outside lights that turns on or off the kitchen lights. I don't use it much because I don't like the "popcorn" effect.

P.S.

Calling tech support on anything these days seems to be a nightmare. Tried Dell lately?

Huh?? You mean I can set up a different lighting group to come on for a double-tap versus a single tap? Where is that setting powerhome?

I must be missing something, because I didn't see anything to set up different links for single taps or double taps. I only use PH to manage my links--I don't use it as an HA controller, if that makes a difference.

You will need to use PH to trigger the action you want. I don't think you can create a different link for double tap just within the Insteon protocol. You can detect the double tap and have PowerHome do different actions for single tap vs double tap.

Thanks to all that replied.

We set up a KeypadLinc button to do what was wanted. So double click is out of the picture. So sometime when I have WEEKS of nothing to due I MIGHT :unsure: try the HouseLInc Desktop Software again.

Back