Intercoms

upstatemike

Anybody tried one of these yet? I was kind of interested in the fact that they run on batteries (no wiring, work during power failures), are always on (no worries that the all-page didn't work cuz somebody turned their unit off) yet run for years without a battery change, and are digitally encoded to ensure privacy.

Also the fact that you can add as many units as you want makes this the most scalable intercom I have seen. Wonder how hard it would be to put an Elk relay across the talk switch on one unit so the system could be used for HA announcements?

I had no idea that such a system even existed.

I wonder if this could be used outdoors at a gate location? Since it claims distances of 1000' I see no reason it would not work other than waterproofing and figuring out how to trigger the gate entry.

This is very interesting Mike. I will be following this thread to see what others think.

Thanks for this Mike!

I think they have an outdoor model for $99 if I read it correctly. A little pricey but definitly a nice product if they work well. Looks like 4 channels so I guess you could have the outdoor unit on a seperate channel.

ph0n33z said:
I had no idea that such a system even existed.

I wonder if this could be used outdoors at a gate location? Since it claims distances of 1000' I see no reason it would not work other than waterproofing and figuring out how to trigger the gate entry.

This is very interesting Mike. I will be following this thread to see what others think.

Thanks for this Mike!
You can look at the gate part of the system here.

Hmmm - pretty interesting! 3 years on 1 set of batteries is impressive. I wonder how the reception is. I have some Home Depot wireless ones (plug in - cheap) that don't work in my house...

I have a couple of the motion sensors in my driveway and am very impressed. Range and battery life have exceeded the claimed specs. I have enough faith in the quality of products from this company to bet the Intercoms are everything they promise.

Back