IP Based system with App access.

Given my issues with my ELK, was wondering if there are other options out there that are more modern that would also allow me to utilize my existing infrastructure since it is looking a lot like I have to spend nearly $500 on a new panel anyway. I have not been keeping up on alarm technology, I had a Napco Gemini in my old house and now and Elk and up until now it was fine.

I look online and I see a lot of turnkey systems with wireless sensors, apps, etc. I would not really want something heavily cloud based, my primary concern is the ability to trigger local sirens.

I see a lot of app based wireless systems, I was wondering what folks are installing now. I have around 24 wired zones. I have 3 keypads, all wired with cat5 to each location. I have 2 or 3 GE based wireless sensors but those are getting close to end of life anyway so I would be willing to replace those with something new as well.

I have Homeseer and I dont use any of the ELK home automation functionality anyway, so that isnt really needed. I do use the relay outputs so an option for those would be nice but if not I can buy a new box for that.

A homeseer interface would also be important

There is a Caddx plugin for Homeseer.  This would be for the NX-4, 6 or 8 boards.  You could even see if the plugin supports either the NX-590E or the newer NX-595E Ethernet boards.  If not, then you just need to have the NX-584E RS-232 (serial) board.

Curious what issues you are having with your Elk panel.  Randy (UltraJones) on Homeseer has supported the Elk plugin since almost day one of Homeseer.

Here have an OmniPro 2 (X2) and have used Homeseer with it since the early 2000's.  It's a simple configuration and it continues to work just fine.

The panel manages the heartbeat of the home while Homeseer provides the icing to the cake. 

Back