• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

IR problems.

TCassio

Hello all,

I have my Video/Audio system being controlled via a USBUIRT and distributed to 2 different locations. 1 location is control an audio amp and works 100%. The second location is controlling a Home Theater amp, DVD, Cable box, an HDTV, and a Sirius Sportster Replay receiver. Everything in this setup works 100% except for the Siuius radio. I would say that it works 50% of the time. I have noticed that at times that it didn't work with the USBUIRT, it didn't work with its own remote control.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, if so how do I correct it?

This setup works very well except for the Sirius. How do I go about finding what the problem is. Is it an inherent flaw with the sirius radio? Is there something interfering with this particular remotes frequency? I'd had to spent money on a different IR distribution system to find that the radio is flawed.

TCassio

I forgot to mention that it is being distributed using Pyramids.

I first had a JVC radio and had the same problem as the Sportster>

Rupp

So does the original remote work with the radio or not? If it does then it's more than likely a frequency that the powermids are having trouble with.

TCassio

I kinda figured it waqs a frequency problem. Just wondering if something could be done to fix this. I don't really want to buy another radio.

mustangcoupe

When you are having the problem with it... and you try the original remote do you ever try going into that room/closet where ever it is and try that remote there? dose it work?

TCassio

Mustange,
Yes, I have tried that and the original remote does not work unless I'm like 3 inches from the unit, then it will start working at other distances. Very strange problem.