J9 Automation Engine - Version 0.20

johnnynine

Version 0.20 is now available for download.

This is release introduces a broad range of enhancements and fixes.

For a complete list of changes, please review the Change History.

New Device Support
* Russound multizone controllers (CAS, CAA, CAV, CAM, ST2)
* Onkyo Receivers (Tested with SR-805 and SR-705)
* iTunes Media Library
* Database Logging driver
* Desktop Mouse

Touch Screen Viewer
* Replaced the standard app sign-in window with a new integrated sign in interface with built-in on-screen keyboard support.
* The sign in interface can now be shown as the screen saver.
* When an on-screen keyboard is shown for a single line text entry control and the tab key is pressed on a real physical keyboard, the on-screen keyboard will move to the next text entry field (in z-order) (if one exists).
* Added right mouse click menu to viewer (when not it kiosk mode).
* Added ''Window'' command line switch to the touch screen viewer app.
* Added UserAccountName and UserAccountDisplayName properties to the TouchScreen object.
* Fixed: The cover art control was not updating immediately when changed.

Administrator Application
* The device properties grid in the devices window is now updated when a property that supports notifications is changed.
* When running the Administrator application on the master server machine it will check if the Master Service is running if it fails to connect and will display an informative message.
* The user is now notified when adding a third-party driver and drivers that are not marks with the production stage.

Scripting Language
* Added OdbcConnection script object (which among other things supports MySql).
* Renamed DbConnection script object to OleDbConnection. This is a breaking change, any scripts using DbConnection should be updated.

Infrared Learning
* Added ir command testing after learning.

Log File Device Changes
* Fixed: The Log File driver would fail to log.
* Fixed: A Date field header will be added.
* The quote character can now be set.
* The date format can now be set.

ViziaRF
* Fixed: An error would occur when clicking the Lights On/Offs and Light Levels properties in the Administrator application.

X10 CM15A
* Fixed: An error would occur when x10 commands were received preventing rules from running.
* Fixed: Removed the AllLightsOffPlc method since the hardware does not support it.
* Fixed: Updated the TurnOffAllLights command to throw an error when in PLC mode since it is not supported by the hardware.

iTunes, JRiver MC, and Winamp
* Fixed: Selecting the device in the device list when it was not connected to the Desktop Server would cause a delay.
* The iTunes PlayItem method can now play iTunes playlists by name.

System Media Player
* Removed errors when pausing, etc when no song was playing.
* Adjusted the return value of the Connected property since its previous implementation was confusing to the users.

Master Service
* Added better logging when an error occurs during startup.

Pocket PC Touch Screen Viewer Lite
* The Fit To Screen setting now persists between usages.
* The touch service port can can now be specified in the hostname field.

PC Touch Screen Viewer Lite
* The touch service port can can now be specified in the hostname field.

Configuration
* The communication ports can now be changed from their defaults using the client config file.

Thanks for all the great user feedback and user provided device drivers. If you are a .net software developer and are interested in a free software license, please see the Device Driver Development Incentive Program.

Johnny

Not sure if you want to add this since you did the other Russound Driver or wait for someone else to do it. But as of the latest firmware, the Russound MCA-C5's ethernet port is now active. Also, I believe RIO text is now active. I cannot find the "official" release but here is on that I found:

http://rcjav.com/mfg/Collage Update 022210.htm

Not sure if you want to add this since you did the other Russound Driver or wait for someone else to do it. But as of the latest firmware, the Russound MCA-C5's ethernet port is now active. Also, I believe RIO text is now active. I cannot find the "official" release but here is on that I found:

http://rcjav.com/mfg/Collage Update 022210.htm

Interesting, thanks for the info. I wonder if the ethernet port supports the same RNET protocol as the serial port or if it is only for the newer RIO Text protocol? If t supports RNET then this would be a simple enhancement and the user would be able to choose either a serial port or ip address similar to how the ElkM1 driver works.

Johnny

My understanding is that it is just an ethernet wrapper for the RNET protocol on the MCA-C5. RIO gets more interesting as it is an ASCII based (not hex) control and metadata protocol. From what I understand, they also have more/better documentation as to how to drill down to title, artist, genre, etc when controlling the unit remotely when using RIO.

My understanding is that it is just an ethernet wrapper for the RNET protocol on the MCA-C5. RIO gets more interesting as it is an ASCII based (not hex) control and metadata protocol. From what I understand, they also have more/better documentation as to how to drill down to title, artist, genre, etc when controlling the unit remotely when using RIO.

I sent an email off to Russound with some questions regarding the Ethernet port. But considering they haven't answered any of my previous email inquiries I don't expect I'll get much information from them directly. This is a bit off topic but I'd have to say that while working directly with a few of the automation hardware companies ELK, SAI, and Global Cache have been the most receptive to Q&A. Kudos to them and a big thank you.

Johnny

Back