Leviton 38A00-2 8 Button House Controller

BobS0327

I'm considering installing a 38A00-2 Controller to be used to control 6 Leviton UPB dimmer switches in a large room. Reading the instructions seems to indicate that each button would be assigned to a room which consists of one dimmer switch. 

What I'd like to do is assign six of the buttons to unique dimmer switches and use the remaining two buttons as "All On" and "All Off".  That is, the remaining two buttons would turn all 6 dimmer switches on/off.

Is it possible to do this with the 38A00-2 switch?  I know this can be done with the 38A00-1 switch since it has two buttons labeled "On" and "Off" but it only provides four buttons for individual switches.  I need six buttons for individual buttons.

In UPStart you should be able to program any actions you want.
You can add one to a network in offline mode and examine which options are available for programming. 
You'll have to use links. 
You can use the room links, but to control individual switches inside a room you may need to use some of the free form links.

You'll need to set up an ALL ON and ALL OFF link and make sure all the switches you want to control with that link are programmed in UPStart.

Yes you can do what you want. When Leviton is talking about each button controlling a room, this is how they designed it in HLC mode. So if you have the panel program the switch, this is what you get. But with UPStart, each button is like any other UPB device. Each button can turn on, off or dim and brighten a link, which can control a dimmer. So something like single tap for on, double tap for off, and hold to dim and brighten.

BUT keep in mind the LEDs on the controller won't automatically match the status of the light without some extra programming. This is the disadvantage from deviating from pure HLC mode.

Back