Low level UPB question

hucker

I am programming up about 30 up switches and UFR's. I have some fans that turn on with UFR's and have come to the point where I can do one of two things:

1) Create a Link for on and a link for off.
2) Create a Link for on and use deactivate for off.

It seems like 2 makes more sense but I've seen examples using 1. Is there an advantage one way or the other? Seems like option 2 will use half the links.

I use option 2. Easier for me to program (I think) when I can think of links as on/off. Great thing is you can do it so many ways.

IIRC option 2 selects the default ramp rates for devices when they turn off. If you want to custom control off dimming (home theater lighting is the obvious choice here) then use a second link.

kwilcox said:
IIRC option 2 selects the default ramp rates for devices when they turn off. If you want to custom control off dimming (home theater lighting is the obvious choice here) then use a second link.
I hadn't thought of the off dimming option. I get it now. For me almost everything will be a deactivate link with special cases handled by Off Links. The more I play with UPB the more I like it (other than the tap delay...)

Back