Lutron RadioRA3

sjht

RA2 is being replaced.  The integration will move to their LEAP API (vs Telnet).  This will be a blow for those wishing to upgrade, but keep their automation system integration with these products. I hope that Elk looks into upgrading as this might be the thing that pushes me to finally abandon my Omnipro and move to Elk… Certainly no rush as RadioRA2 will continue to be around as there are lots of installations.  SJ

RA2 was incompatible with the original Radio RA. RA3 is backwards compatible - only need a new master controller; RA2 devices (most) can still be controlled with RA3. That's huge.

AVS RA3 discussion

It is interesting that the new RA3 processor supports both 2.4Gig  RA3 stuff and 431-437 Mhz for RA2 stuff. (100 devices on each radio). I wonder why Lutron moved away from the 400MHz bands for RA3 since it  worked so well for previous versions of RadioRA and 2.4G is such an interference mine field?

upstatemike said:
It is interesting that the new RA3 processor supports both 2.4Gig  RA3 stuff and 431-437 Mhz for RA2 stuff. (100 devices on each radio). I wonder why Lutron moved away from the 400MHz bands for RA3 since it  worked so well for previous versions of RadioRA and 2.4G is such an interference mine field?

Lutron acquired Ketra which uses a proprietary version of ZibBee. Lutron rebranded that as ClearConnect X, and incorporated it into the latest version of Homeworks (QSX), and now they are using for the next gen RA2. RA3 has no support for Ketra at this time though, not sure if they have plans to do that or not. 

In any case, I really hope Elk decides to implement LEAP. The Elk to RA2 integration works really nice.

Back