MainLobby Running on HP Ipaq 6515

BraveSirRobbin

I "finally" got my HP IPaq from Cingular and started playing around with a "LogMeIn.com" access screens for my MainLobby interface.

Screen shots are below (uses 240 x 240 resolution).

What I really need is some kind of indication (Like the "Microsoft Waving Flag") when the system/connection is busy because right now I click on a button and just have to wait "in the dark" wondering what is going on.

Overall I'm pleased, though the connection is awful slow at times. Going to 8-Bit color resolution helps, but yea, not that great looking of course. ;)

qShots1.jpg

qShots2.jpg

What are other HA interfaces/solutions/platforms/hardware are members using these days for mobile "PDA" access?

BraveSirRobbin

ellisr63 said:
What are you using for garage door monitoring and control?
http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=3184

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=2215

The garage door in that scene will actually represent the state the garage door is in during any of it's open/close cycle (i.e. the distance of the bottom of the garage door to the floor) within a couple of inches! Look at the How-To and also look at the reference to the MainLobby garage door icon for screen shots of this amazing monitor and real picture shots which compare the scene to live photos! B)

I also monitor both of those vehicle's status with THIS method (another How-To) and have their status update the photo "behind" the transparent garage door. Therefore I know which vehicle is home.

There is some HomeSeer VB script coding behind the controls of the garage door as TWO variables have to be in the correct state before "pulsing" the relay output module for two seconds. When you hit the "return" button to get back to the garage door scene it resets those variables. This is for added security (and they are not common X-10 house and unit codes that can be transmitted via a palm pad) :) .

I set one variable via the "Door Control" button and the other via the "YES" button.

IF the security system is "Armed" I would first disarm it via the keypad scene (which is why I display its status on the garage door "confirm" scene.

BraveSirRobbin

mcascio said:
BSR,

Are you interested to know visually whether you have a connection to MLServer?
Hi Mario;

That would be nice and maybe it would help my situation.

If I hit a button and nothing happens I'm basically in the dark as I don't know if:

A. I hit the button "hard" enough with the pen

B. If the Cingular Internet connection is "still alive" (as it drops every now and then).

C. If Logmein.com service froze up.

D. If my "home" computer froze up (usually not a problem).

Another thing that would be nice is if there was some other way to get out of the MainLobby screen other then a button or the F9 key, which BTW, I still don't know how to access with my HPIpaq 6515!!

What are your suggestions?

Thanks for replying,

BSR

mcascio

BSR,

You can identify whether there is a connection between MainLobby and MLServer by putting the following in the label field of a button and assign an on/off tint value: {{mlserverconnection}}

I'm not sure what you mean by another way to get out of a ML scene? What would be ideal?

BraveSirRobbin

mcascio said:
I'm not sure what you mean by another way to get out of a ML scene? What would be ideal?
Hehe, I'm not sure either! :)

I'm thinking there must be a way to simulate an "F9" press with an HP IPaq 6515. Will have to check that avenue out. I guess another way really wouldn't buy me anything anyway after thinking about this (just chalk this up as not one of my better ideas).

One question I do have for you. My scenes above as I described are actually 1024 x 768 with the blue 240 x 240 background in the upper left. After I pull up MainLobby (via my LogMeIn.com interface), I just scroll up to the top left and all is well (when you switch scenes they always stay at that “top left†position).

But, what would be really cool is if there was a way to "scroll" in specific resolution steps (say with "x" "y" resolution coordinates), then I would have a bunch of 240 x 240 scenes on ONE 1024 x 768 screen and just have buttons to "scroll" to the specific scene “areaâ€.

This way the screen would NEVER have to "refresh" the image as you are just scrolling (the image is already "brought up").

This would really, really be a nice feature, but I have NO IDEA how to implement it (hehe, like you said, you do the software and I do the hardware :D )!

Do you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,

BSR

BraveSirRobbin

In case I'm not clear on my above post, below is a total screen shot of how I implement my scenes. This resolution is 1024 x 768 and is my "normal" computer resolution (old eyes).

Imagine if I had a bunch of 240 x 240 images on that one screen, then had the ability to "scroll" to those scenes via a button. That would make for a really quick response as the screen is already "drawn" on the IPaq.

Did this make any sense?

Attachments

• whole_image.jpg
    whole_image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 42

mcascio

BSR,

Be careful what you wish for. <_< This could be possible. So your goal is to position multiple 240x240 screens all in one MainLobby scene. Then instead of a scene change, you would specify an x,y coordinate to move the 240x240 screen to the upper left corner...correct?

My question is would this in fact be quicker? Have you tried say putting MainLobby in a window (on startup) and then physically moving it aroudn on your screen and then seeing how fast it redraws on your mobile device?

BraveSirRobbin

Mario;

Let me draw up a "proposed" screen shot with a little better explanation. Will post it later today. I'll shoot you an Email when it's done!

Thanks for the interest! <_<

BSR

BraveSirRobbin

HI Mario;

I just used photoshop and created a bunch of 240 x 240 blue squares and placed them on a white 1024 x 768 background. Then saved this as a jpg and used it as a MainLobby background for the scene below. Then I just placed the desired controls/buttons on those blue squares, thus creating one scene for all of my IPAQ functions.

I'm not sure what I want is easily obtainable. When I remote into my system using LogMeIn.com and pull up that MainLobby 1024 x 768 screen on my computer it obviously can not all fit on the native 240 x 240 screen on my HP IPAQ 6515. So LogMeIn.com recognizes this and lets me "scroll" by just tapping the sides of the screen (top, right, left, and bottom). When I tap and hold the screen will move until I release the pen.

The entire screen is of course already "loaded" on the IPAQ. So if I had a MainLobby scene as shown below, I could just tap right, left, top, or bottom and scroll to the scene area that I want to control.

The problem is that the "tap & hold" isn't precise. Therefore I was wondering if somehow I could enter "direct" coordinates to scroll to. Since the entire screen is loaded into the IPAQ, no time would be needed to redownload.

So for instance if I would tap on the "Garage Controls" button in the first "Directory" scene, a command would let me scroll over to the garage control square instead of "switching" to another scene, thus causing for a screen refresh and a redownload.

I'm afraid that if MainLobby was to do this "move" within itself (i.e own code) that I would have to "redraw" that screen after it moved.

So, I really don't know what the best way is to approach this. I do know that if someone could figure this out, a lot of applications can be thought of to apply this idea though! <_<

Attachments

• mIPQ.jpg
    mIPQ.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 51

BraveSirRobbin

Hmm, I've been thinking about this some more. <_<

If should be able to RD into my home system via Internet Explorer. So if I had some code in the MainLobby scene that could "scroll" the window via coordinates then this might work!?!?!

I wish I knew more about this!

mcascio

BSR,

I just posted an update to MainLobby 3.00.7 that adds some new functionality that should do what you are asking.

===============================================
Release Notes for 3.00.7 on 06/11/06
===============================================
IMPORTANT: This update requires MLServer 3.0.25 or higher

Added

• Added MLCmds: (Case Sensitive)
• Can be called from an MLServeCmd of another computer: MLServeCmd.MLCmd|MLCommand~clientname~Application|Move~20~20
• Application|Move~x~y (where x and y are coordinates)
• Application|Shift~x~y (where x and y are relative coordinates - see Options > Display. For a 1024x768 display, -80 is absolute 0)
• IMPORTANT NOTE: The entire designer main menu will move with these commands. Make sure you have saved your scene before using

BraveSirRobbin

Hey Mario;

Thanks, this may be the motivation I need to join the "3" bandwagon! :D

Will not be this weekend though (spent this weekend hooking up my ultrasonic sensor to my water softener, details on that will follow), maybe this next one coming up!

Thanks,

BSR

BraveSirRobbin

I'm having some trouble with my HP Ipaq 6515 tonight. For some reason, when I log in to LogMeIn.com and I click on the computer to log into it's saying

A Windows Pocket PC 2003 or newer device with an ARM processor is required

and it wants me to redownload the cab file from their site. I did that and the Ipaq asked if I wanted to reinstall and I said yes.

I restarted Internet Explorer with the same results.

I looked to see if any of my PC's needed newer versions of LogMeIn.com and all were up to date.

Nothing changed on the Ipaq (didn't install any new software on it).

I tried to connect to a different PC and same results.

What the heck could be going on. I tried rebooting the Ipaq and my client PC with no luck. It was working fine all last week (would log in multiple times a day).

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm going to try to search around on LogMeIn.com's site and Google, but I was just thinking someone here might know what to do...

Regards,

BSR