MCE or Beyond TV?

jwilson56

Ok... looking to hear from people that have used both MCE and Beyond TV that could give me an honest opinion of the pros and cons of each. I currently use MCE but I also have a copy of Beyond TV. I also would like to use my MCE remote and receiver with Beyond TV if I decide to go that route. MCE is working ok but it tends to crash on me a couple times a week. I have a PVR-500 dual tuner as well as a VBOX Cat's Eye DTA-150 ATSC Terrestrial HDTV Receiver for OTA HD. I would imagine Beyond TV will support both those tuner cards.

Please don't respond with SageTV info as I am looking for a choice between MCE and Beyond TV because that is what I own for now. I got Beyond TV free after rebate so that is why I own it.

Lastly for those that have used both... is there problems installing Beyond TV onto a MCE box? Will it mess MCE up. If so I could image the drive before I try it.

Thanks

John

I would image the drive anyways, and do a system restore backup, but it should be fine. I have tried an older version of Beyond TV on my MCE box about a year ago, and I had no problems at all. I don't remember why I liked MCE better at the time, so I'll refrain from judging since I am sure Beyond TV has been improved since then.

Back