This article is about a couple that installed their own home theater, giving a detailed description of all the things you have to think of and a few nice pictures. The article also links to another article which contains some interesting statistics:
- Eight percent of new homes are being built with a media-specific room, says Texas A&M University researchers.
- More than 50 percent of Americans say their favorite way to spend an evening is watching TV and videos, according to a Gallup Poll.
- Nineteen percent of do-it-yourselfers will add or convert a room into a home office or home entertainment room this year, American Express Retail Index says.
- U.S. sales of consumer electronics products in 2003 were more than $96 billion, and sales for 2004 are expected to soar to $101 billion, the Consumer Electronics Association says.
- Twenty-five percent of American households have a home theater, and 37 percent have a 30-inch or larger TV screen, according to Odyssey, a market research firm.
- Stand-alone DVD players are the fastest-growing technology of all time. They are in 35 percent of America's homes, Consumer Electronics Association says.